Chapter 1

Chapter 1: A totally normal school day

"Wake up Gea! breakfast is ready!" my mom yelled from the kitchen from our three bedroom apartment. "I'll be there in three minutes, mom!" I yelled and started to get dressed, I simply threw on whatever clothes there was on my floor and ran into the kitchen " You better eat those eggs fast or else you are gonna miss the bus." she said as gave me a plate full of eggs and a bit of bacon. So I quickly finished my eggs grabbed my bag an scurried out of the apartment. I ran down the stairs and raced over to the bus stop. Once there I realized that I hadn't done my hair so I quickly pulled it up in a ponytail and continued waiting for the bus, that for some reason was late today which was weird since the bus is normally on time if not a little early. So I quickly pulled my phone out of my pocket and texted the groupchat with all my friends that I would be a little later than usual. After that, I just scrolled through Instagram for a bit when the bus finally decided to show up.  I hurried on and sat in the back where no one would bother me.

Timeskip to lunch

As soon as it called out for lunch my best friend, Lexi and I dashed out of English and down to the cafeteria where we sat down at the table with the rest of our friends, Nick and Lauren Cassinneo, George Brown, Penny Young, and Wanda Miller. "Who is going up in the line today?" Lexi asked since we had a rule that only two people go up in the line and get everyone's lunches that way we end up having more time to hang and the line is less crowded.  "Gea and I did it last time!" Penny quickly pointed out "So it isn't us." I continued "Yeah and Lauren and I did it the time before that." Lexi said with an annoyed look on her face. "Ugh!" Nick groaned "That means it's George and I's turn." He slowly got up with George following right behind. "So any progress on convincing your dad to get a dog yet, Penny?" I asked " Nope, absolutely nothing. But mom is completly onboard" She sighs "Ugh I am never going to get a pet" she ends exasperatedly. "Trust me having a pet isn't as great all everyone makes it up to be," Lauren says right as the boys come with the food "yeah I regret getting Lauren to help me convince our parents to get a cat." Nick agrees as he sits down and gives me my food. "Thanks!" I say and smile at him, he simply nods back and goes back to the conversation. I grab one of the Marvel comics that I store in my bag as I pull it up I see it says ' THE CHAMPIONS #7 THE MAN WHO CREATED THE BLACK WIDOW.' from August 1976 ohh this is a good one I think to myself and start reading it's one of the oldest comics that I own. My dad gave it to me before he passed a few years ago right around the time that I started liking the Marvel movies so he thought I should read some of the comics to so first he gave me a few Avengers comics more specifically the ones with Black Widow in them since he thought I should read about some strong female characters but also because my mom is a major feminist and thought that most of the comics portrayal of women was quite vulgar and that my poor little 12-year-old head shouldn't be filled with such disgusting imagery. So my dad found some of the comics with Black Widow and other strong female characters. I immediately fell in love with Natasha Romanoff AKA Black Widow so my dad found all of the comics with her in it and I loved every one of them but sadly a few months before my sixteenth birthday my dad went missing and on the 23rd of November 2017 he was pronounced dead. So instead of having a super fun sweet sixteen in December, I was locked in my room sobbing over my favorite comic books and the fact that my dad wasn't there to tell me it was all going to be alright in the next comic. So here I am a year later wishing the school day could be longer so I didn't have to go with mom to the rental garage with all of dads stuff, to empty it.

____________________________________________________________

The word count is: 839 words

Hey, my lovelies! so the first chapter is out. What do you think? Leave your thoughts in the comments

FAN

VOTE

COMMENT

Lots of love Unicorn1445🦄❤️