💚 In a Mafia 💚

"So what did you wanna tell me so badly that we had to wait after school and go to a secluded place?"

Buttercup and Butch were currently behind the school. The school had finished around 30 minutes ago, and since there were no extra activities that day, Butch decided to stay back for a while with Buttercup.

Bubbles and Blossom gladly said bye to her, dragging their boyfriends with them. If you were there, you could very vividly hear Buttercup screaming "FUCK YOU", to which the two girls responded with a smirk.

It's not that Buttercup and Butch were not dating, I mean they were and still are.

Butch rubbed the nape of his neck in anxiousness. Buttercup raised an eyebrow, softening her face and nudging him a little.

"What? Did something juicy happen?"

Butch sheepishly smiled at her, and she immediately got alert. Butch never smiles sheepishly. He either smirks, grins or smiles. Never sheepish.

Buttercup narrowed her eyes at Butch.

"Stop beating around the bush and out with it Butch Quinton."

Her demanding voice made Butch sigh.

"I know it's quite stupid and unbelievable but... I'm part of a mafia."

Time stopped for a little bit.

Buttercup stared at him in shock and wouldn't stop blinking her eyes at him.

"A-are you serious? This isn't some kind of joke right?"

"Buttercups, if it was that way I wouldn't be hesitating right now, would I?"

True. Butch and Buttercup were very similar. They wouldn't even care about the consequences and rush in, basically being reckless.

They also did not have a zip on their mouths.

"So... You are in a Mafia."

"Heir to a Mafia to be exact."

"I see.... And you are telling me this now?"

Butch sighed again at Buttercup's small accusing voice.

"Being in a Mafia is a very serious thing, Butterbabe. If I told you right at the start of this relationship, you probably would have not dated me, much less be friends with me and call the police. I needed to see if could trust you with the information."

Buttercup knew he was being serious because he never calls her that stupid nickname. He knows she doesn't like it. And what Butch said kind of made sense. What idiot tells their girlfriend who they are without making sure of things?

"So, im asking you properly if you still wanna be my girlfriend, marry me in the future and he the wife of a heir to the mafia. If you don't want to it's fine, I understand."

Buttercup looked at him and asked.

"Does Bubbles and Blossom know?"

"Yeah, Brick and Boomer told them about a few days ago."

"And what did they say?"

"They said they were fine with it and it didn't change their outlook on them."

"Then that's my answer."

Butch looked at Buttercup in surprise.

"W-what?"

"I said that's my answer."

"B-but why?"

Buttercup raised an eyebrow.

"Butch, I have dated you for 5 years, and I have known you for 10 years. You should know that I would never not accept you. And besides,"

Buttercup stepped forward and pecked him on the lips, smirking.

"I love you too much to be away from you."

Butch was stunned for a moment before scooping her up into his arms and twirling her in the air.

He then gently placed her down and pecked her on the forehead. The two of them smiled at eachother lovingly.

"Now then,"

Butch said.

"Let's go for a lemonade sundae, yeah?"

Phew and that is done. Butchercup may kind of be OOC but who cares? I'm pretty sure that would be how they act in real life. Butch isn't always full of playfulness and smiles and Buttercup ain't cruel and rough all the time.

Anyways, hoped you enjoyed this oneshot. I will see you guys later, byebye~

Xoxo,
Hitsuma