Chapter Seventeen

~Colby's P.O.V.~

     I sat back on the bed. Slowly sinking down into the soft mattress as I began to cry. Why had I said anything at all? It had been at least a day maybe two since I left the note and nothing. He hadn't bothered to call or even send a simple text. I could hear myself sobbing and I'm sure the next room over could hear it too. I didn't care, I wanted to go back. I wanted a redo, but that's not how life works. I had left that note, I had said something, something I couldn't take back nor explain. I had left him alone in that hospital. I had fled, left the only comfort I have, to see if he still felt the same way. I should've stayed quiet and I should've been there when he woke up, assuming he had already done so. But, of course, I wasn't. I had failed him, again.

                ~Brennen's P.O.V.~

     I sat awake in bed staring at my screen. I hoped that at any moment a text would pop up from Colby, but one never did. He was completely gone. According to everyone, after he found me he just seemed to disappear. His phone was either off or he was purposely ignoring the ones he loved. I could feel tears welling in my eyes, knowing that all of it was my fault. I wished he would just come back or that he'd never left in the first place. But he had. I heard my mom come back into my room. Surprised to see me awake she smiled, then noticed the tears streaming down my cheeks in an all too steady flow. "Brennen." She whispered. "I know you don't want to, but I think you should read it, it might be important," she said as she passed me the note Colby had left.

OOF it's been a lil bit but Italy was fun and now I'm stressing over school but here's an update on them both and ya never know maybe he'll finally read
the flippin note 😂 oh well lmk what you think and I'll try to update again soon :)