"Bring me everything you have; I'm going to hunt this bastard down like the animal he is."

And just like that, the Alpha King was back.

And he was out for blood.

Titus' POV

"Walk me through step by step, I want to know everything that happened after Jaxon attacked me."

"Jaxon was working for Tony, he was one of the moles other than your mother and that kid you killed in the prisons that day. The plan was to kill you and then everyone else in line for the throne so that he could take over as king and hand Amina over to Tony, a few weeks later you were still down so I had Amina crowned and the boys introduced officially as your children. A few days later Avery woke up and we got the news that you were getting worse and that there was nothing that could be done to help you. That night I caught Steve and James trying to sneak out to see you so I brought them to you instead, within forty-eight hours Steve was missing, there was no trace of him other than a set of footprints that led into the forest but they stopped and we searched for weeks until Amina remembered about a secret spot Steve had in his room, we fund a burner phone and a map that led him to a meeting point during a shift change so he was able to go undetected, the phone had one outgoing call from Steve to who we assume was Tony but no one answered when we called the number back. We followed the map of course but it didn't led us anywhere but we continued to search the territory for weeks with nothing to show for it. That same night we realized that Elaine forged paperwork and was able to sneak Tatiana off the territory. We searched her room; she was the woman who was hurting Steve. She had recordings and photos hidden in her room. Amina got the news that you passed a few weeks later the, everything was temporarily stalled and was meant to continue after the funeral, but you hadn't even been buried a full five minutes before he attacked."

"That means he's been watching us. He needed to make sure I was dead before he made a move. What happened after the attack?"

"We fought but we were outnumbered, and he made a deal with Amina. She told us to stop the fighting because she knew we wouldn't win that day so in exchange for the fighting to end and for Tony to call off his army, she had to turn herself over to him, but he forced her to bring James with them, four months later he sent their bodies back here. That was two years ago so we stopped the searches for them after they were laid to rest."

Hearing that my family was dead made my heart clinch painfully and I felt like I was suffocating, but I would have time to grieve their loss later but now it was time for me to avenge them and end this monster's reign once and for all.

"Give me that map that Steve had; I'm going to start there. See if there's anything on those recordings and photos that were found in Elaine's room, tear the whole thing apart if you have to."

I turned to Michael.

"Is Jaxon dead?"

He shook his head.

"No, I was hoping maybe he'd feel guilty and fess up once he found out they were dead, no luck so far."

I nodded.

"Good, I'm going to have a little chat with him."

Michael got to work, easily falling back into the role as my second in command as I made my way to the pack prisons.

**

I whistled a slow, daunting tune as I walked toward his cell, the sound of my boots hitting the ground echoing through the stone walkway.

His back was facing me as I entered his cell and I took a moment to take in his appearance. His hair was filthy and had grown past his now narrow shoulders and his spine was visible through his thin shirt, he was hardly the man that I remember him to be, the man that I thought was my friend.