Chapter 30

** This chapter gets very dark toward the end so this serves as a warning. I've put it in italics. you can skip because I'll mention it briefly in the next chapter so if you don't read it you won't be confused for the rest of the story. This warning will stand for the rest of the book, I'll only put a warning on one or two other chapters but except for those cases, anything that can be triggering will be in italics and marked off with hashtags. (##)**

Amina's POV

He was absolutely coveredwith bruises and burn marks on his skin. His arms and legs were free of markings, his torso is where the marks were centered.

Under his clothes where no one would see them.

"Luna, these wounds are fresh, the burns have barely started to blister, meaning that some of these were put there less than twenty-four hours ago as they haven't started to blister yet. The bruising is new as well, maybe only a week or two old."

White hot rage swept through me. Who in this pack had the gall to hurt an innocent little boy, my son.

I was his age when I was sent to live with Tony, when the abuse started and now it was happening to my son. I made a promise to myself that I'd give my own life before I ever let it happen again. I would do better than my parents an I'd fight for my son, I wouldn't leave this for Titus to handle, I'd do it myself and protect my child the way my mother didn't.

"Is it possible to have him moved to our wing?"

"Yes, though I'd like to check in on him in the morning for his burns. They aren't large and they're first degree, but I'd still like to monitor them."

I nodded my confirmation and stepped out of the room. James was screaming, fat tears rolling down his cheeks. Titus had scared him and if the loud snarls he let out didn't do the trick, the destruction that he's left in his wake did. Large holes in the walls, floors, and ceilings, light fixtures that had once been in the ceiling and walls were now either completely missing or hanging on by wires. Pictures had fallen to the floor and shattered, covering the floors in a layer of glass and at the end of the hall, the whole wall was missing meaning that he didn't leave out the front door, he went through the brick building. I chose to not linger on it for too long, James needed me more at the moment. Once I was within his reach, he threw himself into my arms and latched on with a grip that I didn't know someone so small was capable of. His screaming had stopped as he started to scent me, something that young pups did to find comfort. His eventually cried himself to sleep and I turned to the others, ready to deal with this alone for the near future.

Titus' POV

When I came to, I was in the middle of a small patch of forest that I'd no doubt leveled if the sight of the broken and bent trees were any indication. It was dark out now, it was early morning when I left.

I need to learn how to get this under control, I have a family now, I can't risk hurting them every time I get angry.

I stumbled to my feet and made my way back to the pack house, cringing at the path of destruction that I'd left behind. I hadn't just leveled the patch of forest I'd woken up in, I leveled every tree in my way as I rampaged through.

As I approached the house, I took note of the eerie silence that usually came when I went out on a rampage like this, it didn't happen often, but it never failed to put the fear of God into people. Michael met me at the front door, a pair of shorts in his hand. As I looked at him, a wave of guilt and worry crashed over me.

"Please tell me I didn't hurt anyone, I know Avery was on that floor, is she okay."

He tilted his head curiously.