Auburn:Chapter One

Auburn:Chapter One The Porclin Man

"Danny,please tell me.How did they die?How did you end up here?"said a bright eyed boy.

"Fine.But promise me you'll go to sleep afterwards."

"I will.Promise."

"Good.Now it all started back up in Maine.I was 'bout nine or so.My parants an large estate, not far from the coast.Father was a well known buissness man, bound to have a few enimes.

"So one night, someone sneaks into the house dressed as a cook an slips something into my parent food.Next morning found them dead in bed.

"Screamed my head off I did, scared the butler out of his wits."I paused trying to surpress a giggle."Anyway, afterthey died I was sent to my aunt's here in New York.Sweat woman she was.Stayed there for two years.Not as lush as my parents house, but still warm and loving.The same man came an set fire to it-"

"How do you know it was him?"

"Cause I remember seeing him walk out the front door the night they were poisend.Hard face to forget.His porclin skin, the long gash on his face, and slick oily black hair.Awfuly long for a man.At the time I thought it silly.

"My aunt died in the fire.Burned alive by the flames.Sad way to die.Lived by myself till a few months ago.Lou found me in an ally over in the Bronx's.Brought me here."

"How did you last so long on your own?dosen't sound possible."

"Well aren't you full of questions tonight Elliot.You'll never get to sleep at this rate."he blushed slightly,"I was a pick-pocket.Used what money I could get for food and clouthing.Found an old house close to the river."

"Hmm...I never thought you'd be capable of doing something like that."he closed his eyes for a moment.When they opend, he asked,"Have you ever thoght, that maybe...he'd go after you next?"

"All the time."my face flushed.I'd always suspected that it was me he was after,killing off my family just to get to my head and make me parinoid.Though I had no idea why, or for who.I also had a feeling that it wasn't him who wanted me dead.I had seen it in his face, disgust and pain.

I sat back in my bed, combing my fingers through my short hair.The color of chocolate, very dark chocolate.

"Nite Elliot."

"Nite."he said rolling over, facing the door

He's right ...I have no family left, so of course I'd be next.I just wonder...would he kill Elliot as well?

***

Ello!I'm back.This is a story I strated about a year ago.Dug it up and thought it was decent enough to conntinue.Anyway hope you enjoyed reading this short little chapter. :)Ellie