one彡 ೃ ‧₊˚

'man, i hate high school' *insert music from tik tok*

                                                        ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

James Madison got ready to walk out of his front door, and glanced at the mirror to fix his hair. He stared at the mirror for well over 5 minutes, thinking about what might happen at his last year of high school. He shook his head violently and walked out of his house. James paid for his tickets on the bus, and sat down. He began listening to music and looked out the window.

It was raining, and the town James lived in looked like something out of a movie set. Beautiful trees spread throughout the town square and romantic cafes filled the air with the lovely scent of freshly-made coffee. James closed his eyes and mouthed the lyrics to the song.

He arrived at his school and hopped off the bus. Walking into school, he huffed at the sight of kids making fun of others and even hurting others. He rolled his eyes and walked over to his locker, and put his books in. James continued on his way to his favourite spot, the 3rd tree with a musical note sketched (by him) near the stump in the school yard. He usually leaned on the tree and read a book, talk to a friend, etc. Suddenly, footsteps could be heard from behind him, just as he was about to sit down.

"Hah..hah...hah..where..were..you?!" Peggy could hardly talk.

James just looked at her and pointed at the tree.

"But..haahhhhh..before?!"

"The bus." James replied, now sitting down and eyes in his book.

Peggy got mad at him and said she was forced to get all gross and sweaty just because she had to run around trying to find him and he was literally outside, sitting down. James just nodded and ignored her, eventually inviting her to sit down.

"What'cha reading?" Peggy put her head on his shoulder, reading the page he was on.

"A book." James didn't take his eyes off it.

Peggy rolled her eyes and began scrolling through her phone. She glanced at him again, noticing something.

"You need reading glasses now?"

James nodded, putting his book away to see what Peggy was doing. She was looking at her explore page on Instagram, which were mostly filled with random girls taking mirror selfies. James' explore page was mostly filled with random comics, memes of the fandoms he was in and ironic tik toks. Whenever he's looking at them, Peggy always asks what he's doing, in fact, she asks that all the time.

"Do you think this girl looks cute? I'm thinking of changing my hairstyle to this." Peggy held the phone up to his face, making him barely able to see anything.

James slowly pushed the phone away from him, allowing him to actually see the hairstyle.

"Eh, she's okay," James shrugged, "I think you look better."

Peggy smiled in thanks and continued looking at her phone. James never had any opinions on girls, or was ever even attracted to them. He had been in the closet for a while now, not even telling people like Peggy. Even though he was gay, he hadn't liked any guys in a while.

Actually, he hadn't liked anyone in general for a while.

As the bell rung, James slowly packed his things back into his bag. People shoved past him, though not being able to do much because of his height. Just as he was about to walk in, somebody tapped his shoulder.

"Jem?" A woman-y voice called.

He immediately turned around, slightly jumped.

"Marie!"

 Maria wrapped her arms tightly around him. Him and Maria Lewis were best friends since 1st Grade.

"Have you seen Thomas..?" Maria asked, desperately.

"Thomas..? Who's Tho- OH! Tom-!"

James laughed to himself as he thought of all the memories he had with him as kids.

"Tommy?" Maria smirked, raising an eyebrow.

"I was gonna say Thomas, okay?!" James rolled his eyes, lightly blushing.

"Yeah, whatever."

James smile slowly faded as he remembered he hadn't seen him in five years. He shook his head, now turning around to head to class. He sat down in his chair and looked around at everyone around him. James missed his friend, he wanted to see him again. 

Thomas.

˗ˋˏ"James.."ˎˊ˗

His best friend since, well, forever.

˗ˋˏ"James?!"ˎˊ˗

Please, can he see him again?

˗ˋˏ"James!"ˎˊ˗

"uwAH-" James jumped and looked around, "u-um, yes..?"

"James Madison," Mr Schuyler shouted, punching his table, "Stand up."

James stood up, holding his arm, worriedly.

"Would you like to tell the class what you were thinking about?"

His face turned red and looked around the classroom. Eventually, he muttered,

"N-nothing.."

Mr Schuyler slammed his hands on the table.

"I know very well you were thinking of something! Tell us unless you WANT a weeks' detention!"

"I-I'm sorry, I was..um.."

Mr Schuyler took a deep breath and rolled his eyes. He motioned his hand to James for him to sit down.

"I'll let you off this time, but if it happens again, the principal is knowing about this."

James nodded in thanks, happy it was over. He had tears in his eyes though he tried to hide them by smiling at Peggy to show he was 'okay'.

˗ˋˏ5 more minutes, James, you can do this..ˎˊ˗

                                                        ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

aa, thank you so much for reading my first chapter! if you like my story please let me know so i'll feel motivated to write more! i plan on writing more words per chapter (approx. 2000) so don't worry about chapters being short.

                                                        ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

start of writing: i dont know at this point

end of writing: 6/7/2019 (or 7/6/2019 if you're not in the uk)