The Smile

It was night, everything was silence. But as soon as we arrive to the fair the noise was now part of the place. The smell of popcorn and cotton candy was all that I could smell. Laughs, smiles were everywhere. The music was all i could hear. My friend took my hand. - Hey!, wake up!, let's see the clowns - she said enthusiastic.

There were five of them, I never seen so many of them, or even a clown woman. They didn't put a smile on my face with their show. One notice it and came to me, look me in the eyes with a singular face, he showed his mouth. - Why you don't smile? -. He said with a deep voice. I started to shudder. I kept silence. He back up slowly and continued the show. I didn't felt well, I started getting dizzy.

I back up slowly, something was wrong. Something didn't fit in this place. Maybe me?. My heart stared pumping and resonating in my ears, some dogs stared barking. The clown stared at me and then put a smile on his face, the music of fair stopped. Everything stopped. There was only the sound of his laugh, just like a maniac trying to get his prey. Screams, people running was all I could see. I stared running as my breathing allow me to continue. I didn't know what was happening, I didn't know were I was going. The only thing I knew was that I was afraid, and I needed to survive.

I hear the laughs of them behind me, closer and closer. I started shaking of fear as I was running. I couldn't stop. But when I saw a a car, a light of my face appear. An old fat man was trying to open it. I scream for help. But he just stared at me without saying anything. He was paralyzed. I shivered down to my spine. Turning around slowly.

I will never forget his maniac laugh. - Were are you going kid?, the show isn't over - he smile. The drool slipped from his mouth. I was disgusted. He caressed my cheek gently. -. Why you don't smile? -. I back up terrified. Quickly his face change. I bend down when he tried to hit me. The sound of the glass of the car stunned me. When I stand up I let out a sign of terror seeing the man's head crash on the car.

Fast I put it out and get inside the car through the window. I look up for the keys that fell. - Why you don't wanna play with me? - he whispered softy, laying his head through the window. The car turned on and I started driving. My hands were shaking, red and with pieces of glass. I looked back, I started panicking when I saw too many of them running after the car. Driving like a crazy hoping that they will be gone.

I opened my eyes when I saw cars and people walking through the town. I was alive. It was a miracle. But as soon as I opened the window to search for help, the other car opened the window too. His laugh, I looked terrified. One take out his head through the window, screaming and laughing. The people didn't see them?, they were blind?, what was going on?, I drown into my thoughts that I couldn't react to the impact of the other car.

The clown take my clothes pushing me to the other car. I started screaming for help. The people didn't even take a look of the situation. I push him as long as my strength let me to get out. I hear his voice in my ear. - You will come with us -. He said with a deep voice, that ones that give you goosebumps. What was wrong with them?, I push him with all of my strength and get back to the car. But as soon as I look straight the car crashed. Now I was alone.

I opened my eyes, moving my head though the place. I saw my legs and then the front seat. I began to tremble, my legs were no longer under my control and trembled without stopping. I shuddered. Two clowns were driving and I was in the back. The car was brown and dirty. I started to panic, I spotted a pencil on the floor next to my foot, and took it quickly until one turned around to see me with a big mocking smile. I took the pencil in my hands and in one move i nail it in the neck to the one that was driving, opened the door with the intention of going out. The other one took me from the sweatshirt, he took my breath.

I fight for my freedom and get out of the car. Running like a crazy in a long marathon in the middle of the road. I turned to see if he was following me, walking from side to side turning my head sideways. His body distorted. Four like an animal and his head upside down. He moved so quickly. I was terrified, feeling his breath behind me. I felt it so close that I could hear it just behind me, like a big lump. He fell on me, touching my face vulgarly.

I was sure he was going to eat me at that moment. I pushed it with all my strength, until I heard a car in the distance. The clown stood away from me, the sound of the car at full speed ran over him aggressively. His body rolled in the cement, along with blood and parts of organs. I was shocked. One man get out the car.

- Come with me - i get into the car very fast. I put on the belt. He started driving very fast.
- So now... - i look at him. - Now you will be a smile boy - he smile looking at me.