Chapter Nine

"It's weird. We could have sworn their the ones you said you defeated Barry but their back and. . . different," Oliver says walking towards the speedster with his arms crossed. Always crossed. Perpetually crossed.

"It must be Zoom, he pulled the same trick on Earth 38." Alex jumps into the fray.

"You're right, but where is he getting more Meta's? Earth 2?" Caitlin ponders holding a bunch of equipment for Cisco who has thrown dignity to the side and is now fanboying over everything as Caitlin smiles at him slightly.

"Yeah well so far we're facing three. One who shoots fire, but cold fire. Another that mysteriously transforms into a poisonous gas, and a woman that zaps things. . . we don't know much more about them." I shrug unable to say anything else about it. "Oh and he almost destroyed Olivers suit. It really needs a repair." I gesture to the suit behind the glass display case that has been burned and scratched and torn beyond repair.

"What is it with Earth One heroes and keeping your suits behind glass display cases? It seems a little strange." Alex chips in gesturing to the suit. Oliver tries to say something in his defense but the words don't come out and he looks sheepishly at his own suit. "Hey, no judgement."

There's the sound of a door opening and Thea and Roy walk into the room staring at us when they finally get close enough to the light to actually see us. I look around and realize how strange this all must seem. A girl in a supersuit and cape, a stranger with more guns than a Texan hunter, Barry in full Flash gear (Thea had no idea who the Flash was before this moment) Caitlin and Cisco updating the computer system, and everyone else just standing around like this wasn't a strange thing, which for us it really wasn't. Always the tactful one Barry timidly waves. "Hey," complete with an uncomfortable smile. Kara does the same and soon enough Caitlin, Cisco, Kara, and Barry are all waving like animatronic village people at disneyland. Alex facepalms.

"Thea, this is our friend Barry and his team Caitlin and Cisco. Barry's the Flash. And these are his friends from another world Kara and Alex." Oliver explains calmly and awkwardly. No one stops waving except for Kara who does a lame little jazz hand motion before shrugging a little. Oliver and Alex sigh at them.

"So you guys are like. . .superpowered?" Barry and Kara nod. "And you're here to help Roy and Oliver with the metahumans?" Again they nod. Thea lets out a breath and shrugs. "Alright, why not? It's not like life with you people can get more insane." Roy chuckles a little at this and then pretends to cough when Thea glares at him. "I'm Thea, this is my boyfriend Roy. He goes out in the field with Olly all of the time."

"Barry, Caitlin and Cisco, know me," Roy says pointing between the trio. "But I don't think we've met." He reaches a hand out for Kara to shake and then he reaches the same hand for Alex.

"You know maybe if we can swab your suits we might find DNA," Caitlin suggests, looking between Oliver and Roy's suits.

"But if they're from another Earth what good will it do?" Diggle asks, stepping forward. 

"We may not find a DNA match in any database but if we can observe the DNA we can find out how they're powers work and how to stop them." Cisco finishes and Caitlin nods in agreement. I swear sometimes I think those two share the same genius brain. Oliver nods his approval and the two get to work, opening the cases and swabbing the suits. "Once they're swabbed I'll get to work repairing them."

"It's gonna take awhile right?" I ask and Caitlin nods distractedly. "And we can't do anything else until we have the DNA right?"

"Well we could-" I step on Olivers foot before he can finish his sentence, this doesn't go unnoticed by Barry, who looks at me quizzically. "Nope. Nothing else."

"Great! Then how about You, me, Iris and Eddy, and Barry and Kara go out tonight? Get dinner?" I say flashing Barry a quick look. He looks back at me panickedly and I smile Oliver seems to see what I'm getting at and agrees. Thea asks if her and Roy can tag along and I say yes. Barry doesn't say a thing.

"Um, well, that sounds great but-" Kara starts but I raise a finger to shush her.

"No buts. It'll be fun. And it'll be a great opportunity for us to get to know you." I smile at her. Barry looks at me like he's trying, telepathically, to get me to shut up. I smile at him. "Won't it be fun?" Now, with Kara looking, he smiles and agrees reluctantly.