Chapter 20

I sit in front of my door, my curled hair falling into my face. I push a piece behind my ear and let out a small sigh. Asher wasn't normally late, so maybe something happened. There had to be an explanation. Another piece of hair falls into my face and I huff in annoyance and quickly pull my hair up into a messy bun, pulling out certain piece of my golden hair to frame my face.

A soft knock comes from the other side of the door and I open the door. Asher stands there, a bouquet of daisies clutched in his hand.

"Sorry I was so late, my mother made me drive my younger siblings to their cousins house since their going on a vacation."

"It's all good." I say, taking the flowers and give him a quick peck. I leave the flowers on the desk beside the door, and step out into the chilly night air, closing the door behind me.

"You look gorgeous tonight." He says, taking my arm in his.

"Are you saying that I never do?" I laugh, elbowing his side.

He grunts and hunches over, "No! You always look amazing. It's just tonight you have a special glow about you." I smile at his words, as he helps me get into the car.

"So where are we going?" I ask when he gets into the car. He gives me a look, and pulls out of the driveway.

"That's still a surprise, but we have to hurry there since we lost some time." I giggle as he seeds out of the neighbourhood.

"Okay, just don't get us killed."

Later that night

"Thanks for the dinner once again, Asher." I say, as he drives through the night.

"No problem, nothing is for my beautiful girl." I give his hand a squeeze then look around in alarm as I realize I don't recognize the neighbourhood we're driving though.

"Where are we?" I ask, watching the huge houses pass by through my window.

"I thought we could go back to my place." Asher says, smiling, as he pulls into a driveway. I look up at the monstrous house in front of us. I then look over at him, his face is sheen with a layer of sweat, and his eyes look panicked. "I hope that's okay." I kiss him, cupping his face in my hands.

"It's alright." I tell him, pressing my forehead to his. We walk into the house and up the stairs. The house is silent and dark. I understand now why Asher didn't want to tell me about tonight.

"Close your eyes." He tells me and I do. "I'll tell you when to open them." I nod, and feel a breeze of warm air as he walks away from me. I stand there for several minutes as soft music starts to play in the background.

"Now." I hear him say. And when I open my eyes I see pictures of us from our three months together, and our childhood all stung up on the wall. With little moon lights hanging from the ceiling. They continue all the way into his room, and I look at nearly every single picture, smiling at the memory.

"Asher this is amazing." I whisper, walking over to him. He wraps his arms around my waist.

"I'm glad you like it." He whispers to me, and presses his lips against mine. I fall into his embrace, and tangle my hands into his hair. His kisses are soft, and glitter across my neck as he lays me down onto his bed gently. His hands tickle slightly as they travel underneath my dress to pull it off. He stares down at me, breathing hard.

"Are you sure?" He asks.

"Yes." I say, pulling him down to meet me. He's gentle, and holds me in his arms. Never once letting me go. And even though my mind filled with images from my past, I never once regretted my decision with Asher.

"I love you." He whispers to me, after, and brushes my hair across my now sweaty forehead. My heart leaps, and I turn to face him.

"I love you to." I say, tangling myself with him. My body hums with magic all night, and I know that this will be a night I'll never forget.