Chapter 18

I nibble on the end of my pen, trying to focus on the math homework sitting in front of me. It is due next period and I had stupidly decided not to do it over the weekend. And I need to bring my mark up, since I'm barley passing.

"You look stressed." Asher says, sitting down on the bench beside mine. I nod, and punch another set of numbers into my calculator. "Do you need any help?"

"Maybe?" I say. Asher smiles at my face. "Yeah I need help, a lot actually." He nods and scoots closer to me.

"So what are you working on right now?"

"Trig, I think." I mumble, throwing my pencil down. "But I'm not sure." Asher laughs and looks down at my homework.

"I'm not much better at it then you probably are, but I'll try." I smile, and he grins back at me.

"Thanks Asher."

After school...

"Hey Asher!" I yell across the schoolyard, running to catch up to him.

"Yeah?" He asks. Stopping and waiting for me.

"Thanks again for helping me with the homework." I say, walking beside him. He was much better than he let on. And I only know that because when I handed in my homework, I had gotten every problem right. "It really boosted my mark."

"I'm glad it helped." He says, smiling at me. I blush. I love his smile, and it can brighten my life any day and everyday.

"Asher?" I ask, pausing in my step. He stops to and stands arms crossed waiting for my question. "Do you want to hang out tonight?" I ask finally. He laughs.

"It took you a solid minute to ask me to hang out?" He teased me. I nod, biting my lip. "Of course I'll hang out with you Summer."

"Where do you want to go?" I ask, basically skipping beside him. "It's your choice." I tell him, giving him a pointed look.

"Well, I heard about this new coffee shop on the other side of town and heard that they are having a talent show tonight. How about there?" Asher asks, looking deep into my eyes. I gulp, he really is so cute.

"Sounds great." I say, walking up to the bus.

"See you around seven?" He asks. "I'll pick you up in my car." I nod, and hop onto the bus. My stomach inside, swirling around in anticipation. And even though it was hours away, I couldn't wait until he opened that door tonight.