"Hey, how are you?" Selena asked the fan.

"Hi I'm very good I'm a huge fan of yours! I've listened to your music on the radio,"

"Really? Thank you hun! What's your name?" Selena smiled up at the fan, thankful that at least someone enjoyed her music.

"Stacy,"

Selena grabbed a pen and a poster that they were giving out. She brought the pen up against the poster and started to write down her name.

"Uhh..dad? These pens don't work,"

***

   "Okay so let me get this straight. You decided to start playing on your own?" Selena question as she carefully dragged the brush covered in ruby red across her nail.

"Yes I did. My parents wanted me to be a doctor or something. Naturally I wanted to be a rock n' roller, as it was the rebel thing to do." Chris answered from where he sat on the bed. Selena looked up at him from where she sat.

"Dude my dad would have to force us to play because we didn't want to! He would've loved having you in the family," they shared a short laugh. Selena concentrated on the petite brush that glided along the length of her nail, wiping off any displaced nail polish that landed on her skin.

Although she did enjoy waltzing around as she sang onstage, she was thoroughly fond of moments like these; moments where she could sit around and focus on her self, relaxed with no worries.

Selena wondered what her two best friends could've been doing at this time. Probably training, just as they usually were. She hadn't talked to Matt or Jeff in a while, to which she came to a fairly quick conclusion that she should call them some time soon. Poor Candice, Selena thought. The fact that her best friend had to watch another person getting all lovey dovey with Jeff truly broke her heart. Plus, Candice deserved so much due to her amazing heart. Well at least Maria was doing alright, right?

   Suddenly an awkward sort of atmosphere engulfed Selena as she remembered that Chris was sitting near her, probably bored out of his mind, as she sat there day dreaming. Embarrassing. Truly embarrassing that she had even forgotten that someone was there watching her zone out. Maybe the nail polish fumes had gotten to her, which explains why she wasn't paying full attention.

   She secured the brush back onto the oval-shaped glass bottle as she looked up at Chris.

   "Hey, I'm hungry. Do you want to maybe grab some pizza?" Selena asked as she fanned her face. It worked as a way to cool down and also to dry her nails a little quicker.

    "Yeah, yeah pizza sounds good." he replied as he started standing up from the bed he was seated at.

   "Alright let me slip on some shoes and we'll find some pizza place around here,"

***

   Selena mentally cursed herself for wearing a t-shirt in such hot weather. Why hadn't she worn a tank top at least. I mean it was seriously burning out where she was sitting. Not even the shade she sat under helped with the heat that was starting to cook up her skin. But hey, meals need to cook, don't they... ;)

Jokes, jokes.

   But seriously, she was about to catch on fire any second now.