Chapter 3

III: She's back

III: She's back

✧༺♥༻✧

Selena pressed the button to turn her alarm off.
"Ugh!" She complained. Selena had a whole week ahead of her. She sighed and riped the covers off of her body. Her feet slowly skated through the hall and down the stairs. The dishes clanked together as Selena pulled out a bowl. She served herself some cereal and poured milk into the bowl.
"Good morning, mija," Marcella said as she stood in her robe.
"Morning," Selena replied.
***
Selena searched through her clothes to find something to wear. Finally, she chose an outfit.

(Yes, adidas did exist in the 90's)Selena looked at the mirror

Selena looked at the mirror. Her hair was curly. She thought of ways to style it for the day. Her hands worked some magic. She had put it up in a high half ponytail.

(Hair and makeup)Selena sprayed some perfume and grabbed her book bag

(Hair and makeup)
Selena sprayed some perfume and grabbed her book bag. She turned off her lights and walked out of her room. With a slight throw, her book bag was outside the bathroom. Selena brushed her teeth and went to the bathroom. She washed her hands, dried them, and walked out. Her fingers gripped the strap of her book bag and she walked downstairs. Selena grabbed her lunch.
"Bye Ma. Ya me voy," Selena said.
"Bye mija. Take care and be good," Her mom replied. Selena smiled and headed for the front door. She closed it behind her and got into her car.
***
"Guess who's back?" Candice sarcastically said.
"Who?" Selena asked.
"Angelique," Maria replied. Selena felt her legs get weak.
"No! I thought she would be gone for the rest of the year," Selena sighed and pushed her book bag further up her shoulder.
"Apparently not," Candice replied.
"Well just ignore her. If she says anything to you, don't respond," Selena added.
"Well she's obviously going to start a fit and probably rumors if you don't respond," Maria said.
"Who cares? There's only what? Two more weeks of school," Selena shrugged. The three walked to homeroom.
*At History*
*Selena's P.O.V.*
I walked into History. My favorite class. 🙄. I took my seat in the back of the room and waited for everyone to take their seats. Why does everyone talk so much? Like just take a seat so we can start and get this over with. Oh! There goes "Ms. Bitch" also known as Angelique. She walked in, making sure to bounce her blonde hair. This girl is probably 99% fake. I mean she did tell the school about her getting a butt surgery. Apparently she paid to have a big butt. On the other hand, my butt is natural. It's still bigger than hers. She can go to hell. Angelique took her seat, which is diagonal from me. I waited for Chris to come in so I could sit up straight. The teacher closed the door.
"Alright class. Today you will be doing research on a topic I give you and a partner of my choice. Angelique, I will find something for you to do." Umm.. is Chris not here? This means I can sit like a hunchback dwarf! I looked over at Angelique. Where are her shorts!? Seriously, though, when she stands up, her shirt covers them. Are they actually that short? To be honest, I have no clue how she is surviving this class. Like this is a Honors History class. The rest of her classes are Readiness. Actually she is not surviving because there is a rumor that she has all F's.
"Selena," The teacher called. I looked up.
"You will be working with... Chris," Oh come on! This is going to be so damn awkward. He isn't even here!!! The door opened slowly. Chris walked in... he handed his pass to the teacher and sat behind me. I quickly straightened my back.
"Okay, Chris. You and Selena are partners for the research you two will be assigned to do," The teacher explained. I didn't hear Chris say anything. Maybe he nodded again? Now my back hurts. 😕. I could really go for some pizza right now.
"Okay and finally, Selena and Chris will be working on World War II," World War II? That's the topic that I got the lowest grade on. I got an 89.
"Okay get with your partners. Now don't complain about who your partner is. You must work with them no matter what." He added. Everyone started to get up. I slowly turned around.
"So.. do want to get a textbook and a piece of paper. We could start writing notes down," He didn't even look at me.
"Sure," He replied. Well then. I got up and went to the back of the room. I can feel him following behind me. He is a little bit taller than me. I picked up a textbook and handed it to him.
"Thanks," He replied and sat down. I grabbed my own textbook and did the same.
"So I think this is on pag-."
"Selena I haven't seen your ugly face in a long time," Angelique said. I rolled my eyes.
"Page 365," I continued.
"Oh! Is your Mexican voice too embarrassed to answer?" She suggested. Chris looked over at her.
"But you don't seem embarrassed to sing in front of so many people on stage, do you?" She giggled.
"Look, this looks like good information," I pointed to a spot and showed him. He nodded and started writing things down. I'm glad my nails are well manicured. I heard her crumble up a piece of paper and then I felt something hit the side of my head. The whole class laughed... except Chris.. and of course the teacher. This dude didn't even know what was going on. I wondered why Chris didn't laugh. I picked up the piece of paper from the floor and tossed it into the recycling bin from where I was. I continued writing.
***
   The rest of the class was basically filled with laughter. They were laughing at me and all the stupid things Angelique did to me. I packed up my stuff at the sound of the bell. Today we had a mixed up schedule, so I had Math before lunch. At least I didn't have to deal with Angelique until lunch. I walked into math.
"Heyyy buuuddddy!"  Jeff yelled as he walked into class, looking straight at me. I smiled and shook my head. This was a class I actually enjoyed because Jeff always made me laugh. It was also one of the classes I had one of my friends with. Jeff sat down behind me. It's very disastrous when you sit in front of Jeff. Soon, the room crowded with people. Mrs. Huryo (her- yo) came in.
"Alright you can work with a partner or alone on the textbook pages that are on the board." She said. The room got loud as everyone started to get with their partner. Jeff put his foot on the basket located at the bottom of my desk and grabbed my chair. (The chair is connected to the desk) He then lifted up my entire desk up.
"Jeff!" I said a little low, but higher than my normal voice.
"Want to be partners?" He asked me.
"No." I simply answered.
"Why?" He asked.
"Because I never get anything done when I'm with you," I replied. That seemed to calm him down.. or so I thought. I'm just over here doing my work, when all of a sudden he lifts my arm up and slaps my armpit.
"Yes, Selena?" Mrs. Huryo asked.
"No, I didn't have a question. That was Jeff who raised my hand," I answered. She looked back at her computer and continued typing. I snapped my head around.
"Jeff!" I scolded. I swear he is so goofy and weird!
"Why did you lift my arm up and slap my armpit?" I asked.
"Because I was bored and I need help," I shook my head at his answer and got up to get my pencil. It flew when he raised my arm up. I sat back down and of course, he lifted my whole desk up again. It was at least 1 foot off the ground. Only the front part. The back part was tilted. I turned my head back.
"Jeff! Stop!" I told him. I turned back around once he put me down. I continued doing my calculations. My whole desk shook. I looked underneath my desk and found that Jeff was shaking the basket. I just ignored it.
"Seh-leh-na Quintana!" Jeff said. I hated it when he called me that. I whipped my head around.
"First of all, Its Seh-lee-na Quintanilla. Second of all, what do you want!"
"I'm having a little trouble on the first one," I gave him a look.
"It's asking what a triangle with two equal sides is called. Are you serious?" I asked.
"Oh! It's an i-sos-eh-lees," I slapped my forehead at his answer.
"Just go for it," I answered and turned back around. Jeff really knew how to make my day better and annoying everyday. Seconds later, I felt my desk shaking again. After that, the most amazing thing happened. So, I'm just tying to finish my own work, and Jeff just moved the whole row forward a couple of inches. I saw the people in front of us look back at Jeff. All I could do was close my eyes and slap my forehead. I heard people shuffling in their chairs, and I looked at the clock. I quickly whipped my head around and looked at Jeff.
"Look! I didn't even get anything done because of you!" I scolded for what seemed the hundredth time. Jeff shrugged and started packing his stuff up.
"Okay whatever you didn't finish is homework!" The teacher announced. Great. I packed my stuff. The bell rang. Even though it rang, I slowly packed my stuff up. I felt someone kick my back gently.
"Hurry up!" Jeff said in a goofy voice. I rolled my eyes and zipped my book bag. I got up and walked out. Jeff walked at the same pace as me.
"Jeff, if you weren't bothering me then I would've finished."
"If you would've helped me then I wouldn't have bothered you," He answered. I seriously had no response. From the corner of my eye, I see Chris do a handshake with Jeff.
"Heyyy budddyyyyyyy!" Jeff yelled.
"I'm going to my locker," I say to Jeff.
"DUCES!" He put his hand up into a disfigured peace sign.
"Bye," I smiled slightly at his stupidity. I'm not trying to be rude, but he can sometimes be stupid....like when he slapped my armpit. I shall forever be scarred. I quickly move through the crowd and get to my locker. I put in my combination. 14:26:14. It's easy to remember. I grab everything I need and put it in my book bag. I grab my lunch bag and shut my locker. My feet scurry through the people. The late bell rings as I head into the cafeteria. Maria and Candice notice me and I smile at them. Damn, there's a big line. I'm glad I bring my own lunch. I notice that everyone is there but me. Of course, I have to sit next to Jeff. Honestly, I have no clue what's going to happen to me ne-..
"Sorry, I didn't notice your Spanish ass in front of me," Angelique says. This bitch pushed me into a table. Those butt implants are stronger than I thought. I straightened myself and looked behind me. She continued walking with her fake Barbie dolls, or what she would call, "friends". I gave a dirty look before sitting down in my seat.
"You okay?" Maria asked.
"I'm fine," I answered and I got my sandwich out.
"I'm surprised those implants didn't make her fall over as well," Candice commented. I sighed and ate my lunch.
"Jeff, move your elbows," I said as I struggled to move them. He looked over at me.
"Calm down, Seh-leh-na Quintana!" He answered back. I rolled my eyes and slapped his arm.
"Seh-leh-na is very aggressive," Jeff added in a girly voice. The table laughed except me.
"If it isn't Selena with her weird friends." A bunch of giggles followed that. I looked up.
"Was that suppose to be funny? I don't understand why you butt cheeks actually think that it was funny," Candice replied to their snotty remark.
"Well I don't care what you find funny. The thing we find funny is Selena's voice. Like she actually thinks she's it!" They laughed. I felt a lump in my throat. My cheeks were burning, and I felt my legs go weak.
"Look you tanned Mexican! You'll never be prettier or better than any of us," She pointed to her and her friends. (If anyone told me that, they wouldn't see the next sunrise. Plus, Selena is a queen compared to them.)
"In fact, I would walked back to your state right now!" She growled. I really think that those implants went into her brain. Mexico isn't a state... it's a country. This dumbass bitch. The lump in my throat was choking me. I grabbed my stuff and got up. I started to run out of there. I heard Jeff and Matt yelling at them. I could also hear Chris. He barely talks though. Maria and Candice called them names before chasing after me. They called my name multiple times, but I continued running. I ran into the nearest bathroom and locked myself in a stall.
"Selena!" Both Candice and Maria said. They knocked on the stall. I cried softly. Maria crawled under the stall.
"Maria!" I smiled a bit at what she had done. She unlocked the stall and let Candice in. She came in and locked the stall. The three of us were in there. I put the toilet lid down and sat on lit.
"Don't listen to that vieja," Maria hugged me. Candice rubbed my back.
"Yeah, she's just a bitch," Candice added.
"I feel so embarrassed." I said to them.
"I know you do. Don't worry though." Maria tried to calm me down. I continued to cry softly.
"How about we stay here until the bell rings?" Candice suggested. It was the last period anyway. I nodded.
"Selena, you can't let her say things like that," Candice told me.
"Yeah, she's being racist at this point." Maria added.
"Why don't you tell the office about this?" Candice asked.
"I don't want to. I already have enough going on. I'll learn to deal with this, okay? We only have like two more weeks. I'll be fine." I said. I grabbed some toilet paper and wiped the tears.
"I need to get fixed up," I pointed to my face. They nodded and we got out of the stall. 10 minutes and a little makeup later I was ready to be seen. The bell rang and I grabbed my stuff.
"I really hope we don't see the boys because I'm embarrassed." I told Maria and Candice.
"Selena, we'll just walk you to your car. Don't worry," Maria said as she grabbed her bag.

Candice did the same and we walked out of this dreadful place.

-ˏˋ♥̩͙♥̩̩̥͙♥̩̥̩ ⑅ ⑅ ♥̩̥̩♥̩̩̥͙♥̩͙ˊˎ

𝙶𝚒𝚛𝚕, 𝙰𝚗𝚐𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚚𝚞𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔. 𝚂𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚊 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚗𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎𝚍 𝚑𝚎𝚛. 𝙷𝚎𝚕𝚕 𝚗𝚘, 𝚑𝚘𝚗𝚎𝚢. 𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚍𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚂𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚗𝚊 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚍𝚘? 𝙰𝚗𝚢𝚠𝚊𝚢, 𝙸'𝚖 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚐𝚎𝚝 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺 𝚒𝚗 𝚋𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚎𝚎𝚔. 𝙷𝚘𝚙𝚎𝚏𝚞𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚎𝚗𝚜. 𝙴𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚍𝚊𝚢 ❣️

Wᴏʀᴅ Cᴏᴜɴᴛ: ₂₅₉₄

©ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇғʟᴀᴍɪɴɢᴏs 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟾