Christmas AU- Cass and Klaus (Part 2)

I can't believe that this book has 2K views! I'm so happy and so grateful for this, I can't thank you enough! 

This imagine is a way to thank you!

No one requested it but I didn't have anything else ready so... Anyway, I was thinking of doing something special, maybe you guys can request something or idk.

From the previous chapter:

I was kissed. By Klaus. Klaus kissed me.

Oh god, I didn't see this coming.
Wasn't he all over Camille? This was supposed to be their night. What happened?

I didn't kiss him back for the shock and the surprise. He probably took it the wrong way because he pulled away and looked at his feet, presumably for the embarrassment.

"Oh no, Nik. Don't take it the wrong way. I mean, you know that I like you. Right now more than Bradley, just to mention. But you were supposed to be with Camille."

He looks up at me and he seems angry?

"Oh please, Cassandra. I'm sick and tired of you saying what I'm supposed to do or with whom I'm supposed to be."

Well, this evening was full of surprises. First, he kisses me and then he bursts out at me. Nice.

His breathing is heavy and we all know that Klaus has a temper so out of instinct I try to step back just to end up touching the wall. He noticed my fear and he calms down or at least tries to.

"Listen, I don't care what happens in the series. Things are different now. We've already talked about this, you're in the picture now. I know you think that you don't matter but you're important to me."

"Of course I am, I've helped you countless of times. You don't have to pretend that this is more than a utilitaristic relationship. I'm not that naive." I protest.

"Well, it seems you are. Do you honestly think that I keep you around because I need you? I do, actually, but not in the way you think. I like you, Cassandra. I thought that my incessant flirting had already made it obvious."

"You flirt with everyone Niklaus." I mumbled too taken back by his statement to articulate a more complex sentence.

He had probably pictured this to go in a different way but he should have expected this reaction from me. He knows that I have trust issues and frankly, even though I love him and all, I can't picture myself in a relationship with him. I mean, I live on the other side of the world and I know for a fact that he's not going to leave New Orleans. I would never ask him to put aside his plans for me nor would I do the same for him. I haven't studied hard and made all those sacrifices so that they could be thrown away by a potential relationship with him. Besides, I have never believed in long distance relationships. And he knows that too. So why is he going out of his way and ignoring his feelings for Camille and her feelings for him to engage in something that won't ever work?

My interior conflict with myself was probably shown on my face, afraid that he was losing me Klaus takes a step towards me and taking my hands in his, he speaks softly with a solemn look in his eyes.

"Cas, listen to me. It's clear that I've caught you off guard and that you don't even know what to think about all of this. It's likely that you don't even trust a word I'm saying or that whatever romantic relationship between us would work. I would never ask you to disregard your plans and goals to be with me but I'm also aware that you think that long distance relationships are doomed to tragically end but don't you see? We've already been doing this. We talk on the phone every day and we see each other whenever we can. It takes me only a couple of minutes to get to you anyway. We're already in a long distance relationship and it's going great."

I never really thought about us in that way. Mostly because I didn't want to get too attached to him knowing that he was going to be either with Caroline or Camille. I've also thought that I would only stick around for a while until their family would have been reunited and the Hollow defeated. But this? I would have never predicted this to happen. I guess he has a point though. Would it be so bad to be romantically involved with him? Wasn't this something that I had been dreaming about since I've started watching the show years ago?

He doesn't say anything. He probably has figured that I'm processing all of this. But as always, I'm torn. Do I listen to the rational part of me that is screaming for me to leave and not take his offer knowing that that would probably make me single for life? Or do I follow my heart that it's begging me to give in and kiss him?

I could probably think about this for ages but when I look up at him and my eyes meet his, I suddenly make up my mind.

"I should probably warn you that I'm not easy to deal with. Also, I wouldn't say that I'm needy but I do want-" taking this as a yes, he smiles at me and doesn't even let me finish because before I could register what was happening, his lips were on mine. And I knew in that moment, that there's nothing that I wouldn't do for this man.

 And I knew in that moment, that there's nothing that I wouldn't do for this man

(a/n: let's pretend that this is not Camille but Cassandra)