A father's will

- " My son is the next in line to be either King of England or chief in command in France. His late mother was Katherine DelaSavane of Narbone. She died when Luke was 11. Your father took care of my son while I was occupy with  matter of the state. My cousin is the King. You can understand, in case of death, I had to be prepare", he said in arrogant way..was it though ? "When he became of age, Luke left your home and went to France for his study..

-" What is going on ? Luke is who ?? ", I softly reply

The room started to turn has Luke's father spoke of responsibility, kingship, war... I turn to look at father  and a look of worry  as well as  expectation inhabit his eye. As for Luke he didn't look at me at all. i felt lost somehow..

- " Miss Elisabeth Laure are you OK ? "

With a glare of contempt ..a look of she can not be my son's wife

What is going on..Is this some sort of test ?

- " Understand my words Miss" , pointed my future father-in-law, Luke is to be King,"Your father and I had somewhat an arrangement since before your age of understanding , that when you came of age, you would marry my son. But obviously it was clear ", as he turned his stare upon Papa, " You would have to be ready and properly educated for such task. Luke mother was weak in character, always looking for..futility. My son and her were...should we say close. Her death was a shock to my son..looking back now, I did good in sending him to your father.  He has been resentful towards me ever since... In his imagination I am at fault for his mother death. One has to be worth the crown" , He pause..all that in one breath. Dear God ..what an arrogant !

And there is the odd thing, Luke said nothing ! Absolutely nothing ! He didn't look at me, he didn't smile. Simply stood there cold,unreachable, handsome, ...

His only reaction was when his father talked of his mother..the room became tense with anger.

Here I was dreaming of a life with him..and where it became crucial..right this instant was the moment..now with this old man..who infuriate me ...minimizing me and my father and the love of my life...no ! If not the love of my life certainly the man of my life, said nothing !

I took a deep breath and saw father close his eyes knowing exactly what was going to happen...

I lift my hand and said:

-" In such case as this, I found your wording offensive not to say the less, since Papa not only , raised your son, because of your misplaced political loyalty since HE, nodding towards Luke, he IS the future king, but as well to me.  I. Am. Worth it. Moreover I am the only one. If you are finish, may I be excuse ? Father . Luke. "

I turn with a swift of my hair, my perfume lingering ... but just so Papa stopped me

-" Laure, stay !, a cold voice and alike glare, " you will listen and obey. I will not allow you to address Sir in that manner. Although not your liking because of his calculation, still you will sit and respect and meet the expectation we have of you as a future bride for Luke..moreover a leader of the country. Understand what is expected of you"

I stare at father, livid..trying to keep my countenance in front of all.

*******************

Hope you enjoy it ! Let me what think! As Xmas is here I will update more often :)