Untitled moment

What did he want ? My cousin..

I left Laure in the care of the butler,he is been commanded to bring her back home safely.

If I wanted to hide from her ; this kiss did the opposite..completely. In spite of the fact that I said nothing my action spoke great volume... I never really felt the need to be lenient towards anybody..less my family and frankly I had hope for a marriage of convenience..perhaps with some benefit.

But what Laure ignite in me dare I say ..tenderness, a desire for a home : a loving home.
Yes of course desire, passion..of course but if I can really be real, without any masculin pride or societal decorum ; tenderness is been pull from me ; ..not that I was sure I could really express those kind of sentiment .

This kiss did more , it engaged myself to her in another level. How can a kiss do that..I cann't really explain it, it just did.

- " Why are you shaking your head ?" , asked abruptly my father, " Don't you dare shame me in front of our cousin the King. I have worked so hard , spend my life building this opportunity for you ..This is our family destiny : rule our great kingdom. Are you listening ? "

Poor man , if he knew my though, I would be beheaded right this instant !

Laure would of laugh with me..she would understand the ridicule of the situation. I miss her already

- " Are you laughing Sir ?" , ask my father more upset. " Do you find this funny ?",now he had become red of anger.

-"Father calm yourself ! I was wondering what the King wanted of me. He never called for me, its quite a surprise." I reply calmly.

His demeanor soften and said

-" I understand. Fear not if anyone can be called for an higher purpose. It's you. I have of course paved the path and done sacrifice you will never understand the cost but still..you have the best..the best of both of us.

I starred at him , shocked.
Did my father just ..
The door suddenly opened and we were lead inside.

*************
It's a palace. How can I explain, gold,white,window, candles, rich patisseries, servants, decorum, manners,high standard,side eye looks, controlled tone, posture, tittle, rank, perfection, cold...

If it wasn't for the perfume of roses , this could become unbearable.

We were announce and came in the diner room.

-"Dear cousin, is it you ?", said the King, "I have wanted to see you for a moment now." He greeted me with great affectation in his speech but none in his manner.

I composed myself and bow down not responding, just wanting for next.

With a bit of apprehension, I saw him do the same..observing me. I turned to father to question him if I was going mad but in fact father wasn't here..I grew puzzled and though to myself well this was way more serious then what I though. A series of thing came to mind but ...my mind landed on Laure

- "I grow tired of reign. The reason of your presence is to see if you could come into the court and learn the load of great leadership and take over. " His expression was tired , but he remained King with all the clothing and surrounding due to a King..