Grind my gears

This was a rant I wrote a few weeks ago. I meant to post this a while ago but I never got to it. GirlGamer152 tagged just like I promised

You wanna know what really grinds my gears?
This-

Person 1: have you ever heard of (x)?
Person 2: no
Person 1: what? Have have you NOT heard of (x)?

This irritates me to hell and back. Honestly, am I able to listen to whatever music I want to? I listened to this as I typed the bulk of this rant:

(Route 10 from Pokémon Black/White)
Why? Because I like it. I like the choice of instruments (flute, accordion, etc.). It gives the listener the sense that your journey is coming to an end as you look back on how far you've come. I digress. But does it make me a bad person that I'm listening to music from a video game? NO IT DOES NOT. JUST BECAUSE I HAVEN'T HEARD A SONG YOU LIKE DOESN'T MEAN THAT I'M A BAD PERSON, AND YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO BE ANGRY AT ME, ESPECIALLY CONSIDERING YOU'VE NEVER HEARD OF SOME OF MY FAVORITE SONGS! Now, let's say you've never heard of First of the Year by Skrillex. Do I get angry when someone answers my question like that? No. Instead I say "oh, well you should consider listening to it. It's one of my favorite songs." Not "Oh, how have you never heard that song?" I'll be the first to admit: I don't know very many people who listen to dubstep music frequently. But even if there was a fairly well-known I liked, I still wouldn't get mad if you haven't heard it.

(I guess this is a sub-category of this part of the rant, or maybe it has nothing to do with this rant, but what does it matter what genre of music I listen to? If I like dubstep, then what is the problem? If I like video game music, then what does it matter? Maybe I don't like lyrics in songs. And then in that case, you have no right to shame me about it. Let's say I played you this song:

(An Unwavering Heart from Pokémon Black/White/Black 2/White 2)
I would just say "This song is called An Unwavering Heart." Then someone who's never heard it might say "oh wow, this song is really sad, who wrote it?" "Oh it's from Pokémon." So what would that person's reaction be? They would probably not be expecting that Pokémon would have such sad music. They might even like it a little bit. Or how about this song:

(An Eternal Prison from Pokémon X and Y)
The same little conversation above applies here.

The same goes for movies and TV shows. "What? How have you never watched Mean Girls/High School Musical/Teen Beach Movie/The Office, etc.?" How about this: I THINK MUSICALS ARE STUPID. And that's my opinion. If I don't like mustard, then why would I put it on my hot dog? The same goes for movies- if I don't like musicals, then why would I be dying to watch one? Also, I don't really watch movies that much. I don't feel like I've ever seen a movie the day it came out. Also, I can't drive myself (yet) to a movie theater to watch one. Even then, I don't even go to the dollar theater that much. My parents aren't really movie people either, and they don't buy movies that much anymore. So, I haven't really watched too many new movies recently. Also just gonna say, Disney Channel's original movies (like High School Musical) are absolute garbage. I don't like Disney Channel's actors that much, and they're always filled with songs, which would be considered a musical, which I already stated I don't like. Also, the over-advertising of these movies on the channel bothers me as well, and it doesn't attract me to watching it. It just makes me want to make fun of it even more. Therefore, I have no appeal to watch one. Oh yeah, I'm probably (one of) the only kid(s) my age who isn't on Netflix (or a similar platform). I just recently found out that it costs money, which is another reason I will never have Netflix. (And honestly, I prefer cable, ngl). So is it wrong to get angry at me if I haven't watched a show on a platform I don't have? Again, if I were to say "Have you watched Ducktales?" and you answered "no", would I be mad? NO I WOULDN'T.

Bottom line is, please respect others' opinions. They may contrast yours, but you can at least ask why they have that opinion. And please, please, please don't get angry or defensive, no matter how crazy you think it may be.