I picked up the Book, feeling the cover as my eyes watered with the memories. Though my throat was tired after singing so much today, I still started singing our favorite song.

"Ohh, how I love Jesus
Say ohhh how I love jesusss
oouu Ohh how-"

I was interrupted by a pair of hands covering my eyes.  "Momma I know that's you, I'm just trying to have a moment with the L-" I turn around and see, "Kelly? Kelly! Ahhh!! Oh my gosh! Look at you!"

I say eyeing her designer shoes and dress, and expensive jewelry.

"You look so, so..." I couldn't even find words. She looked amazing, I was just glad she was doing good for herself.

"Oh baby, you're fishing for words. I believe the word you're looking for is fierce" she said strutting through the sanctuary.

I laughed at her antics, "Yes! That would be it, from your head down to your..." I took a good look at her shoes, I couldn't believe my eyes. "Kel, are those Louboutins?!"

"Yes girl these are lob-, Lou-, law-" I saw her struggling with the name of the shoes which tickled me. "Girl Louboutins!"

She nodded, "Yeah yeah, girl that's what I said." I laughed, that's when I started to realize, my best friend is broke. Like broke broke, she can't afford no Louboutins.

"Uhuh, so you went from payless and walmart to red bottoms and gucci?" I said as I walked closer to her, she started smiling, showing a smile I knew all too well.

"I know that face Kelly, what you been doing and who you doing it with?" I knew my best friend. I knew her all too well, she was the type to marry just for the money. And, I knew there was no way she went from broke to black card. At least not without a little help if you know what I mean.

She started to catch what looked like the "hoely ghost".

"Kelly stop" she waved me off, still doing it. "Girl it's okay, because when I think of the goodness they have brought into my life and allllll that they have done for me!"

I started praising with her agreeing with her statement, that Jesus is one powerful man.

"My Jesus!" I say with the same energy as her. Praising His name like I was just doing a few minutes prior in church. "No bitch, my Nika!" I abruptly stopped, I knew it was too good to be true.

"Kelly stop it! Stop that! And don't cuss in the sanctuary! Girl did you just say 'Nika'?" She calms herself down to answer me. "Yes girl and she is fine!" I never took Kelly to be the type to be with a woman.

"Well okay then, where did you meet 'Ms. fine'?" I say now intrigued by this apparent 'fine' and apparently rich woman.

"Girl I was standing at the bus stop one day right? Then this nice, pink, shiny Lamborghini pulled up on the side of me! She rolled down the window, I looked in, she looked at me and told me I was fine enough to be a model, then she asked me if I needed a ride!"

I looked at her expecting more from the story. "Don't tell me you got in the car!" Now I know my best friend can have her moments, h-o-e moments, to be exact. But, I KNOW she's not that stupid. "Hell yea! Bitch she is BALLIN'! She got hella money!" I shake my head at my explicit best friend.

"Kelly be quiet and I told you to stop cussing in the sanctuary!" She quickly stopped and started laughing, "Oh, forgive me Jesus! But girl you know she took me to dinner the same night!"

"Are you serious Kelly? She was a stranger, she could've killed you!" She rolled her eyes at my reaction, as if I were overreacting. "But she took me to the most beautiful restaurant! They had everything!" I simply shook my head.