[ six ]

[ six ] 

America was on her twitter app, waiting for a message from Oscar when she saw something that caught her eye. It was a notification telling her that someone had followed one of her followers. Her breath caught in her throat when she saw the username of that person. It was one she recognized from a long time ago, from when she was seventeen.

erickestefano15 is now following oscar11! (5 hours ago).

oscar11 is now following erickestefano15! (2 hours ago). 

She felt her heart drop. The fact that Erick knew she was in love with Oscar now and was following him on twitter all of a sudden just screamed trouble.

x-xxx-xxx-xxxx: hola america.

america: why did you follow oscar on twitter?

erick: i wanted to make it clear to him that you're with me.

america: have you lost your mind?

america: you and i are not dating. you're delusional.

america: and stop texting me from different phone numbers. its kind of creepy.

erick: what else can i do when you keep blocking me?

america: give up maybe?

erick: never.

america: you're forcing me to get a restraining order put against you.

erick: and you're forcing me to have to take time off my busy football schedule to go see you. maybe i can talk some sense into you when we see each other in person.

america: stop erick. this isn't a game.

erick: i never said i was playing a game.

*x-xxx-xxx-xxxx number blocked* 

.

.

.

.

America felt like a thousand years had gone by when she finally got to talk to Oscar again. It was eight at night in Mexico City and she knew her Brazilian footballer should have been sleeping. She almost wanted to tell him to go to sleep, but she just missed him so much that she decided to be selfish.

How much would it hurt for them to talk a bit?

oscar11: hey america.

america_emboaba: oscar, do you think we might be able to talk now?

oscar11: yeah. but...can i talk to you about something first? i don't doubt that what you want to say to me is impotant, but this is too. and i don't think i'll be at peace until we talk about this.

america_emboaba: um...okay.

america_emboaba: tell me, oscar.

oscar11: minha vida (tr: my life), a boy messaged me today. his name is erick torres. do you know him? he told me you guys know each other.