[ three ]

[ three ]

america_emboaba: i wanted to talk to you about that...

oscar11: yeah, okay...

oscar11: you know you can tell me anything.

Oscar worried for a moment and there was a feeling of fear in the pit of his stomach. Whatever it was, he knew it was probably something very important. It was the middle of the night in England and he had football practice the next morning, but he didn't mind sacrificing a few hours of sleep each night if it meant he could talk to her. He knew she did the same for him.

He was waiting for her response, laid down in his warm bed when his phone vibrated and the screen illuminated with the name of someone he knew well.

April.

Each time she had a problem, he knew she with called him, Giovani dos Santos, or Rafaela. Before answering the call, he opened up his twitter and typed up a few short messages for his blonde beauty.

oscar11: hey meu princesa, i know you probably want to talk to me one on one about whatever it is you want to tell me. 

oscar11: but something came up and i might be busy for a bit. and then i'll need to go to sleep. 

oscar11: we can talk about this in the morning after i get done with practice. 

america_emboaba: this is important, oscar :/

oscar11: i know, princesa. really. but this is important too. its about ney and he's my bestfriend. please understand and don't make me chose.

oscar11: i promise we'll talk later.

america_emboaba: okay...

oscar11: eu te amo :* (tr: i love you).

america_emboaba: yo tambien te amo. (tr: i love you too).

When their conversation ended, he closed twitter app and he saw the missed call from April. She hadn't tried calling again, but he still decided to call her back. The phone rang a few times before she finally answered.

"Oscar?" She said into the phone.

"What's wrong with Ney?" He asked her immediately, sighing tiredly into the phone.

The young woman on the other line gasped, feeling bad about calling him. "Please don't tell me I woke you up. I'm so sorry. I just didn't know what to do with him. I tried to help him eat and he refuses." Her voice shook as she spoke.

"Give him the phone." Oscar instructed. "I'll see if I can talk some sense into him."

"Okay." She told him and took a deep breath to steel herself. Oscar knew April truly loved his friend because she had stayed with him after he lied about his identity, she stayed after it was known his injury was severe and she stayed even after the way he was acting towards her. If she didn't love him as much as she did, he knew she'd have been long gone. From the other line, he heard her voice in the distance, opening the bedroom door and telling her boyfriend, "Meu amor, Oscar wants to talk to you."

"Tell him to go to hell." Neymar hissed in annoyance.

"We only want to help you." April tried to reason with him.

He laughed bitterly at that. "Help me? The two of you are probably seeing each other behind my back. Fucking dirty traitors."

"Do you hear yourself?" April argued, outraged that he would think that about them. "First of all, Oscar is your friend and I'm your girlfriend. We would never betray you like that. And second, when would we even see each other? He lives in Chelsea and I'm here in Brazil!"

"Don't lie to me!" Neymar yelled back.

Oscar heard something of a crash as April tossed her phone at Neymar. "Here. You talk to him." Her words were directed to the football player on the other line. Her voice made her sound as though she were on the brink of tears. "I will not stand here to be accused of something I haven't done. Besides," She added, "I'm late for school."

"Right." Neymar scoffed. "School."

There was another rustling of sounds and he heard someone pick up the phone. He imagined it was Neymar since he could hear April's angry footsteps as they disappeared down the hallway.

"You need to stop fighting with April." Oscar said into the phone when he was sure his friend was listening.

"Tell me the truth." Neymar insisted. "Are you in love with April? She always either you or Giovani dos Santos." He said bitterly.

"It shouldn't matter who she talks to." Oscar scolded. "She loves you. And to answer your question, no. I am not in love with her. I already have someone I'm in love with. I'm her friend, just like I'm your friend too."

Finally sighing and sounding relieved, Neymar said, "I know you two aren't together behind my back. I just love her so much and the anger gets the best of me. She deserves only the best and I can't give her everything because I can barely even get out of this fucking bed." This was the first time he was really putting into words the things he only told himself in his mind.

"That's because you're not even trying." Oscar told him. "We'll all support you, but if you keep pushing April away, she might just get tired and leave you."

"No." Neymar cried. "I can't lose her."

"You will if you don't change your attitude." Oscar knew he was hurting his friend by saying that, but he also knew he needed to be told the truth.

"I'll change, for April." He assured his former team mate.

Feeling his eyes drooping, he pulled away from his phone to check the time. It was three in the morning in Chelsea. Letting out a yawn, he said, "Hey man, I have training in the morning. I should go to sleep now."

"Yeah." His friend sighed. "Sorry for calling you this early."

"No problem." Oscar said into the phone, wiping his tired eyes with his free hand. "I'll talk to you soon. Bye."

"Bye."

-

dramaaaaa.

she was going to tell him, but he stopped her. oh no. lets hope she doesn't chicken out in the end ;) lol

and then ney. so upset and bitter about his condition.

he and april are having some trouble.

anyway, thank you for reading and voting. it means a lot. i'll try to post a new update as soon as possible without giving away information that hasn't yet appeared in 'april'.

i love you.

-clary xx