[ one ]

[ one ] 

The first time she saw Oscar was in the summer of two thousand eleven. She even remembered the exact date; August seventeenth. She was at her house in the Mexican capitol, watching the World Cup for twenty year old boys with her parents and her older brother. 

There were high hopes put in this group of footballers. And Mexico expected a double World Cup win in one summer. The seventeen year old boys had kept the trophy in the country when they defeated Uruguay at the final just a month earlier in the Estadio Azteca, the official stadium of the national team. She remembered being there watching them, the memories and pride for her country still fresh in her mind.

After having defeated the host country, three goals to one, Mexico was in the semi-finals.

And they were up against none other than the mighty Brazil. Though she believed in the team, she felt the slightest bit uneasy because no matter what, Brazil was Brazil.

Sure Mexico had defeated them on several occasions. But it was also true that everyone was on Brazil's side. And she confirmed that when the game started and the Colombians booed each time the Mexican team had the ball. 

She couldn't believe how much hate her team was getting over a football game. 

Their only fault had been defeating the host country, Colombia. If it hadn't been the Tri Color, it would have been anyone. Someone had to advance to the semi-final.

As the game continued, she spotted a handsome footballer with the number ten jersey. She was instantly smitten. If she had thought the Mexican team was good looking, and they were, he was a billion times better.

And it was three days later, on August 20th, that she finally learned his name.

Oscar.

.

.

.

.

From then on, she followed his football career very closely. She never missed a game in which he was playing. She was overjoyed and proud of him when he was offered a contract with Chelsea. As well as sharing a bit of his pain when he missed the chance of equalizing at the summer olympics in London, which the verde amarela ended up losing to Mexico. Although that time she had mixed emotions. She felt sad for Oscar, but glad for her country.

She had also watched every Confederations match with Brazil and was cheering for him during the final when they faced Spain. The Spaniards had a great tournament, but the Brazilians kept the award at home.

And when most of the world was disappointed in the host country for having lost the cup at home, she was still proud of him and continued supporting her favorite footballer.

It was finally one month after the world cup final that she found her golden chance to talk to him. The football team Chelsea had a contest where, if the team twitter account reached a certain amount of followers, then they would select a lucky fan to have dinner with the team member of their choice.

That day, she made a twitter account just for the contest and followed the team account.

She had long since left social media after having been in a long distance relationship with a footballer from Guadalajara when she was seventeen. When the relationship ended badly, she deleted her social media accounts and vowed never to fall in love with a footballer again.

That changed when she finally met her favorite; Oscar.

The team reached four million twitter followers three weeks after the contest was announced and her phone beeped in the middle of the night with a notification from twitter.