I (IMAGINE)

Blossom《Dong Sicheng》
Hanahaki Disease AU

Song: I'll Be There - Yoon Jisung

It was a rainy morning when you decided to wake up and take a walk to clear your thoughts

You had been crushing on your bestfriend, Dong Sicheng, for 3 years. He was, no doubt, a handsome young man who possessed a calming voice and blessed with a talent in dancing. Maybe that was why you we're so drawn to him. Whenever he wears his cheerful smile, you tried your best not to fall but as time goes by, your feelings for him just grew stronger.

A bitter smile crept onto your face upon realizing that he already had someone he loves, and that someone is not you. It's hard to accept it since you were already attached to him. Nevertheless, you promised that you would support him on his desicions - no matter how much it pains you.

You sat under a lovely cherry blossom, feeling the cold breeze hit you as petals started to fall beneath. A petal landed on your nose, making you giggle. "If only I could make you mine..." You thought to yourself and closed your eyes for a few minutes.

You found yourself coughing uncontrollably and immediately opened your eyes, only to be met with petals swimming on a pool of blood - your own blood.

"W-what the-" You blurted out only to be stopped by another pile of petals sprouting out of your mouth. Black dots danced around your vision as you fell unconscious on the cold grass.

🌸🌸🌸

A bright light welcomed you as you regained your vision. You looked arpund and realized you're in a hospital, lying on a comfortable white bed.

You felt something warm on your hand and turned sidewards only to see Sicheng sitting beside you, hands intertwined with yours. You took a minute to admire his sleeping face. "How could anyone be so beautiful while sleeping?" You whispered underneath your breath as you felt his eyes open.

He saw you fully awake and enveloped you into a warm embrace. Tears brimmed at the corner of his eyes as his embrace got tighter.

He pulled away with puffy eyes as you placed a hand onto his cheek, assuring him you're alright.

"What happened, (Y/N)-ah? Why didn't you call me? I was so worried..." He said with a hint of sadness in his voice and gently took your hand.

"I-I was sitting underneath the cherry blossom and coughed badly and when I looked at my hand, I saw petals drowned in my blood..." You explained with a fake smile.

His hand formed into a fist and you felt his lips touch yours. The kiss was slow and passionate, as if he was trying to say he loves you as much as you love him. You didn't hesitate to kiss back as your arms wrapped around his neck, his arms snaked around your waist.

He pulled away, resting his forehead on yours. "Listen... I've always loved you since the day we met. I don't know why. Maybe because of your smile, your words or simply because my heart said you're the one. You may say you're not perfect but to me, you're more than perfect. You may say you're not beautiful, but to me, you're the most beautiful girl I've ever known. Remember the love letter that was hidden on your locker? I wrote that. Remember the bouquet of flowers that was on your doorstep? I made that. Remember the giant stuffed toy you received? I bought that. All those little efforts I do, I do it all for you. (Y/N), I don't want to hide my feelings anymore. I love you and I understand if you don't feel the same way but-"

You cut him off with a kiss, tears building up. You smiled sweetly through the kiss and pulled away. "I love you too, Sicheng, but what about (F/N)?" A chuckle escaped from his lips as he caressed your hand. "I don't like her. She confessed her feelings to me but I declined. Days passed and she finally moved on and we started to hang out. She's pretty and all but I only had eyes for one girl. So (Y/N)-ah, will you be my girlfriend?" His eyes pierced through yours.

"D-do you really mean it?" You nervously asked and fiddled with your fingers. He nods sincerely. "Then... yes." He squealed in delight and displayed a kiss onto your lips.

"I love you, Sicheng."

"I love you too, (Y/N)."

You suddenly realized that you weren't coughing petals anymore which made you smile in gratitude.

On this day forward, you and Sicheng were always seen with each other, smiles visible on both of your faces as you felt happy with him by your side.

(A/N): Ok, sorry if it's corny and shit hshshs. If you don't know what Hanahaki Disease means, it's a fictional disease wherein the person coughs up petals upon experiencing one-sided love. Unfortunately, the person can die from it because it's like a flower is growing inside your throat. It can only be cured when the one whom the person loves sincerely tells him/her that he/she loves him/her, or the person can undergo an operation to remove the flowers but their feelings for the one they love will disappear along with other feelings such as happiness, sadness, anger etc. I rlly don't know why I used Sicheng for this. He just randomly came up to my mind as soon as I'm writing this so yeh. Enjoy!