Chapter 4

My message didn't stop him coming back the next day, or the day after that or even the day after that. He continued to come to the bakery and act like nothing had happened.

I continued to write little messages on the side of his cup, because every day I started to like him more and more.

Although our conversations didn't extend very far, he still seemed lovely and he was as gorgeous as ever. I was determined to not let the fact he had never said anything about the messages get in the way. Maybe he was just shy.

Or maybe he was straight.

That would be awful. I would have to quit my job. I'd need to leave the country never mind the town. I could not bear the fact that at any moment there was a chance we'd run into each other after that.

But he seemed so.....not straight. He dressed so well, he even wore suspenders. His skin was perfect. Of course these were very stereotypical observations but I was grasping at straws.

"Harry?"

"Mmhm?"

I looked up over the till that I'd been gazing at, and straight into the deep ocean of Louis's blue eyes.

"What were you thinking about?"

"Oh just, stuff you know, so tea is it?"

A blush began to invade my cheeks and I had to turn around as quickly as I could to avoid him seeing.

I picked up the pen and wrote his name, even though he was the only customer and I knew who the tea was for. After his name I wrote another message in neat curly handwriting. "A sweet tea for the cu-tea" and handed him the cup.

Immediately he read the message and just smiled at me before leaving.

What is wrong with this boy?