Chapter 6

Chapter 6

ADLYN

We stood face to face with large muscular hell hounds with glowing red eyes and sharp long teeth the size of a small daggers. In that moment what Artoris said to me before they disappeared came back to me. I gripped the necklace and quickly brought it up to my mouth and blew as hard as I could. The hell hounds all howled loudly in unison and then after a bit they stopped. One of the hell hounds slowly walked up to me and bowed their head slowly. I glanced up at Volin who looked just as confused as I did, his plastered smirk finally leaving his face.

"You have freed my clan from the control spell, and now we will fight by your side." Came a voice from the hell hound.

"You can talk." I said in shock.

"Yes, we all can but since we were under that Volin's spell we weren't able to. We had no will of our own and we couldn't fight it. My name is Keriline I'm the queen of the hell hounds." She explained.

"My name is Adlyn, I will welcome your help I have other beings that are about to be attacked in other cities. How can we stop that?" I asked worried.

"The moment you blew that whistle you released all of us, and I can talk to my hell hounds through mind link. I will make sure they know that we are going to help." She smiled showing her sharp teeth.

All the hell hounds that were about to attack us, turned and begin to attack the soldiers.

I could hear the mutter of confusion from everyone on the communication stone.

"It's okay guys the hell hounds are now on our side, I will explain later. It's time to finish this." I yelled.

I looked up to the balcony to see that Volin was no longer their and I knew I had to locate him quickly. The plan was to take all the kings of the cities in alive if we could but not at the cost of our own lives. I took a deep breath I knew that no one felt comfortable with me using my black ice powers, but I trusted Edera and Artoris. I wasn't sure how to use it, but I figured it was the same as using my chains. So, I lifted my hands from my side and thought about stairs made entirely of ice. I could feel that same power I felt before surging through my body and sound of creaking as ice appeared out of nowhere.

The ice was transparent I could clearly see the people below me still fighting. I walked over to the ice steps and felt someone gently grab my wrist. In all the chaos I didn't even have to look to know it was Saxton I knew his touch.

"Kick some ass and be careful." He yelled.

"You too don't you get hurt." I said as I begin to run up the smooth ice steps.

I jumped down onto the balcony and ran into the room the gaudy green and gold décor indicated this was the king's room. I ran towards the large double doors in was met with some Asora city soldiers.

"Listen tell me where your dumb ass king is, and I'll go easy on you." I shrugged looking at my nails.

That seem to make most of them chuckle before they all blindly charged at me. I placed my hands to the ground and watch an ice blanket swiftly cover the floor. Some of them went sliding in shock tumbling around the room. They all had a mix of magic before I knew it, I had a gush of wind slowly throwing me backwards. Using my chains, I slammed them hard into the ground stopping myself from feeling the full impact of the wall. I ejected my chains from the ground and them begin to swing them toward the group of soldiers. I let my flames consume the chains until them begin to glow red.

I whipped my chain around fiercely clearing my path not having time to play games. I knew that compared to the beings I had fighting beside me these demons were nothing. I ran out of the room slamming the doors behind me sealing it up with a large wall of ice. For now, it seems I couldn't think of much more than basic ways to use the new power. But I felt this hum and surge of both my powers coursing through me and everything felt different.