"If I'm going to go check on Hanako at UA as a high school student, can't the brat do it?" I huffed. Nathan chuckled at my despair, shaking his head. "No can do. Shigaraki was talking about how he needed to do some specific endurance training.." he stared back at Hisoka, looking for confirmation.

"Ah, right.." he murmured. His cocky expression dropped, and I could see his bottom lip slightly quiver. He's afraid of Shigaraki.. I sighed and moved to the chair he was in, sitting beside him.

"Hey.. Shigaraki is an ass. More of a man-child than a leader if you ask me. There's nothing to be nervous about. That is, if you're even nervous at all." I ended with a smirk, and was met with a quick reaction. He perked up, a small laugh coming from him at my insults to the childish leader.

"You'll do fine, kiddo. If you've lived this long it's because you're no weakling." I added, hoping my bad motivational speaking would at least make him stop shaking. Hisoka took a deep sigh, he nodded slowly. "Yeah.. I'm strong" he whispered, smiling. At least it didn't backfire.

"See? Good luck" I internally sighed in relief seeing how the color returned to his face. What did Shigaraki even do for him to be so scared? Hisoka was silent for a few moments, gaze stuck on the ground.

"... Thank you, (y/n)."

A bubble of pride emerged in my chest for some reason. Seeing him composed now and secured made me feel as if I had completed a task. An odd feeling of satisfaction washed over me in a subtle smile. "It's nothing."

"Oh by the way, (y/n)" I turned to Nathan. He stood by the doorframe , staring out at the hallway. "Dabi wanted to talk to you before you go." I nodded, getting up from my seat to head out.

"Good luck. Remember I can only hold the effect for so long." He added. I waved dismissively at him, very much aware of how risky this plan was. "Yeah, I remember. I won't take too long." I replied. I was already setting a foot out the door when I saw Dabi from the corner of my eye, standing a bit far from the door as he flickered a dim flame in between his fingertips.

"You wanted to talk to me?" I ruffled my skirt, a fake UA uniform Nathan had handed to me before working on my transformation. Dabi stared at me up and down, eyes widening. "Do I look that ridiculous?" I groaned.

He shook his head with a chuckle, placing a warm hand to my cheek. He tilted his head like a curious child, brushing his thumb across my cheek. I think I'm going to have a malfunction here. "No, but you look better without all this crap.." he muttered. "As much as I hate Lockheart, this .. even I wouldn't recognize you. The only thing is that your height didn't seem to change.." he murmured, gaze trailing down my form.

I unconsciously allowed my cheek to rest of his palm, eyes widening as I realized what I did. Did you just lean into his touch nonononono–

"Well, at least that means he did his job right." I quickly replied, hoping he didn't notice my flustered expression. A soft chuckle tumbled from his parted lips, deep yet gentle.

"You'll be fine. You're smart. Whatever is going on with Takaoka, you'll figure it out and come back safe and sound" he reassured, yet his gaze flickered from my eyes to my lips a couple of seconds. "But.. I need you to concentrate. If you let your grudge take control of your actions, it won't end well." he lowered his voice, now making it feel as if we were sharing a secret.