Ch 9- Training

~Jund~

Tufts of green grass were scattered throughout the meadow. I walked alongside Red, taking in the peacefulness of the place. I have never experienced such peace. Before now, before I found out I was immortal, we had always watched out backs, always kept running, never stopped and elaxed. 

Just something about these plains were so peaceful, and beautiful. I sighed happily, trailing behind Red slightly as she walked ahead of me. Her short red hair was pulled into a ponytail at the moment, and something about her was so intimidating. I don't know if it was just her being a woman, or the way that she walked,or the way that she talked, but she just seemed so dominant.

"So Red... What is your specialty," I asked, breaking the peaceful silence. 

"Elements... or the basic elements at least," she called back to me, a smile appearing on her face as she answered.

"So... Earth, air, fire, and water," I asked, my mind remembering a book that I read when I was younger. It depicted demigod children, and the whole idea of controlling fire and water reminded me of Percy Jackson and Leo Valdez, two characters from the book.

"Yup, wanna see," she asked, turning back towards me with a giddy look on her face.

I nodded, and she closed her eyes, cupping her hands. She looked like she was concentrating, and in a few seconds a small light flickered in her hands. It grew and grew until it was a steady flame. Closing her fists, she killed the fire, and I stared in amazement at the way she could just kill the flame.

Next she bent down next to a small rock. A small smirk appeared on her face before she carressed the rock gently, then lifted her hand, and made a fist. Within an instant the rock crumbled to small pebble and fragments of what it was before.

She stood up again, and with one motion, caused a gust of wind to blow at me-hard. The strong force pushed me backwards, me ending up on my butt. "Ouch, Red," I whined, standing up and brushing myself off. 

Red chuckled, then turned around again. Her eyes darted across the meadow, until they came upon something obviously of interest. She jogged towards it, motioning for me to follow. As I got closer, I noticed her standing next to a small spring of water, and with a couple flicks of her wrist the whole spring had risen above the ground, and was circling around me.

My eyes widened, and I stared in amazement at the clear substance that floated around me so smoothly through air. When I looked up at her, I noticed the mischevious look on her face. "Red! No-" Too late. Water splashed me from all sides, wetting my waist and up. "Awww C'mon," I groaned, looking over at her and pouting.

"It's just water, Jesus Jund," she giggled, and with a wave of her hand it had dried completely.

"Anyway... so how are you going to find out what powers I have," I asked curiously, shoving my hands in my back pockets.

"Well... um... Russ, Cry, and I learned together what we have. But there are a couple rules to it... sort of but just knowledge you need to know I guess. There was originally seven of us... so their are seven different powers you could have. You already know mine, controlling  elements and  Cry can obviously be a nosey asshole, and Russ... Russ controls time. It is quite fun though, throwing stuff into the air and freezing just that, whilst the rest of time isn't froze. It is like he puts it into its own little time zone. Then of course there is the controlling of death, which um... somebody already controls but we don't talk about them. Then elements that are sort of, not the opposite of mine, but a darker side of mine. We call it dark elemental, which means probably storms, earthquakes, tsunamis, explosions, just more destructive stuff... then the two powers that we never discovered because we were looking for you and Snake," Red explained.