Chapter 1- Little Jund

It has been a year and a half, a hard one at that. Food is pretty scarce now, expecially for Jund. He is still very little, and only drinks formula. He will sometimes settle for water, but if I need him to shutup so we wont draw attention to ourselves, milk it is. I do worry about him though, vocabulary and movement wise. I usually carry him on my back in this little carrier thing, since we are always on the move. I haven't really had time to just set him down and let him roam. I'm pretty sure he has got crawling down, but walking is still difficult for him. Then with vocabulary, I talk with him a lot, it is just what I say to him. When I curse, I am afraid he will repeat it. I mean what a shitty thing to do. Teach a baby to say Shit or Fuck or Asshole... although that would be hilarious. He calls me "Snake" thank God, I was afraid he would start calling me Dada or something like that. I am NOT his father what so ever, in no way shape or form.

We were holding up in a house in the middle of the woods. Its pretty secluded, and there is a fence around the property, so I think we will be safe for awhile. I want to teach him how to walk, or at least waddle or whatever babies do. When he wakes up from his nap I figure it is the best time to do so. Luckily, he is a quiet baby. He only talks when I talk to him, then he gets going. Most of the words are undefineable, but to be honest very fucking adorable.

I heard a small whimper besides me and look down to see Jund sitting up. He rubbed his eyes and looked up at me. His dark brown eyes stared at me for a moment before he just says "SNAAAAAKE." It is sort of adorable when he does that, but annoying at the same time.

I put down my journal and turn to him," Good morning, Jund."

"Baba," he asked, blinking his eyes. I'm pretty sure he does that on purpose to make him look cuter.

I turn to my other side and grab the blue bag. I grab a bottle, a bottle of water, and soem formula. I pour in one scoop of the powder and fill the water up to three ounces. I shake it then hand it to him. "Say thankyou."

"Tankoo," he replied, snatching the bottle from my hands and putting it in his mouth. It took me a moment to realize that I was his father figure. I was the only person he had. Thats very serious shit. It was like me with my... girlfriend... or Nat with Penny.

I shivered at the thought of them. At least they are in a better place now, probably watching over us. How would I explain that to him though, when he was older. I found your mom and your aunt in a house. I just delivered you, your mom died, then your aunt suicided, so then I just took you with me? How was that going to affect a kid? Hes probably going to be very curious too. He will ask so many weird and awkward questions, that I would have to answer... to a young child... a hundred years younger than me. That is so creepy and weird.

"All done," I heard a small voice say besides me. I turn my head to see the dark haired child hold up the empty bottle with his chubby hand. He was wearing a blue and red striped shirt with grey jeans. I figured the least I could do was give the kid a nice outfit. I take the bottle from him and stuff it back into the bag.

"You want to learn how to walk," I asked. He looked at me for a moment, with a blank expression before uttering the one word that annoyed me to death that he said.

"No," he replied. I took a deep breath, remind myself that he was just a toddler. When I was younger, my older sister was already in college, so I never really had practice with other kids, or taking care of children. Nobody on our street asked my for babysitting. My voice scared most of the kids, and by the time I was foutreen I was pretty intimidating anyway. I was usually inside playing videogames. What I wouldn't do for an xboc or a computer or a ds or ANYTHING right now.

"Yes, you will. You will be a big boy and walk like me," I explained, although he probably didn't understand anything. The same blank expression came onto his face for a moment before uttering the same word..