"Revealing the truth" Chapter 27

Alissa's PoV
"The fact that you had the courage to get help... I am so proud of you." I heard Maryse exclaim as I walked though the doors of the bar.

"I'm just glad I'm back to normal." Jace smiled "so how about we order some food?"

"That's a great idea I'm starving." I said making my presence known and trying to sound excited.

"There she is" Alec smiled brightly, while standing up and pulling me into a tight hug. I faked smiled at him once he pulled away.

"Alissa, I'm so glad to see you." Maryse said as I sat down next to Jace. "I'm glad that you're feeling better as well."as she started talking to Izzy, I took this moment to scan the room and search for Lilith's next virtuous disciple. But no one stood out.

"I'm Surprised Magnus isn't here, it is happy hour." I heard Maryse say, I turned back to the table to see everyone looking at me.

"Uh, He's might be busy I guess. I'm sure he'll be around here soon." I shrugged, diverting my eyes to look down at the menu on the table.

"Isabelle, where's your friend..."
"Friend? Wait, you have a new boyfriend?" Alec's eyes widened and I saw Jace smirk slightly from the corner of my eye. "Why am I the last one to hear about this?"

"Oh no, Alec. I haven't heard about this one either." I smirked at Jace, giving him a knowing look.

"Okay, he's not my boyfriend. We've only been on one date." Izzy scoffed as Maryse giggled before taking a sip of her drink.

"He's a doctor." She said playfully, making Izzy roll her eyes.

"What is he? A werewolf? A warlock?" Alec asked, slightly interested in Izzy's new man.

"He's a mundane." Izzy shrugged, as if it was normal for Shadowhunters to date mundanes.

"Well, that's new." Jace scoffed, eyeing Izzy.

"I'm practically a mundane at this point" Maryse pointed out while Izzy shifted slightly in her seat.

"You have to promise to behave yourselves." Izzy groaned, making me scoff.

"Can't wait till he gets here, I can tell him all the horrific details of me killing my brother and father." I said, my tone harsh. Once I looked up from the menu Everyones eyes widened at me. "I was being sarcastic."

"Oh, Isabelle, he is handsome." Maryse sighed as Izzy gave her a warning look. I looked towards the door and I instantly smirked. An orange aura was formed around him. The last disciple.

"He sure is something" I whispered to Jace, earning a smirk back from him. "I can't wait to meet him."

An hour later...
I'm still sat at the same stupid table in this lame bar. When is this dinner going to end. Looking around the table I could tell that Jace was also getting frustrated that we have to wait to get to Charlie

"So, What kind of doctor are you?" Alec asked, a smile on his face.

"Paediatric surgeon." He replied, getting some impressed nods from around the table.

"So you work with children?" Jace asked, suddenly getting interested with this conversation.

"Yeah, kids love to break their arms, run into coffee tables... and not everybody heals as fast as Isabelle." Charlie chuckled, making Izzy's eyes widen slightly.