3 "You have Gladys"

"I'm going to drink, and don't follow me," I said when we came to the club.

"As you wish" FP raised his hands in a gesture of surrender, and I nodded.

I went to the bar and waved my hand to the bartender. He came to me with a smile.

"What's for you?"

"Sex On The Beach?" I replied.

"You're going straight to specifics," he smiled gallantly, and I bit my lip.

"Let's say I like specifics thing," I smiled.

"and I like specific women," he said and went to make me a drink.

In the meantime, I looked around. I was subconsciously looking for FP, but I couldn't find him anywhere.

Some part of me wanted him while the other part was pissed at him.

"Are you looking for someone?" the barman asked when he gave me a drink.

"No, no one" I shrugged and drank alcohol.

The drink was heavenly. He tasted so good, too good.

"Drink for the most beautiful woman in the world. For free." The barman smiled and went to another person.

I was alone. I grabbed a drink and went to the dance floor. I noticed FP. He stood by the wall and sipped his drink. I took a deep breath and went to him.

"I would like to dance, but I don't have a partner, and you don't have a partner too, so despite everything that has happened, maybe we'll dance together? "Saying this sentence cost me a lot of sacrifices.

"You aren't mad at me anymore? "He asked and raised his eyebrow.

"I didn't say that," I murmured and drank the whole drink.

"Relax, Alice. We have time to dance, "he said and took the empty glass from me, put it on the table.

"Come to the dance floor," he murmured.

I was mesmerized by his voice and went to the dance floor with him, but I couldn't touch him. I just stood and looked at him.

"You have to move," he said, and I put my hands on his neck. He grabbed my hips and pulled me close to him. I groaned when my hips brushed against his. "Just like that" FP leaned over me. His lips were against my ear.

Calm down, Alice. He didn't do anything wrong...

But he made my body want him.

"You smell wonderful," he whispered in my ear, and our bodies began a sensual dance. "You know I want you," he added and began to kiss my neck gently.

I sighed quietly. I wasn't prepared for such confession, so I pushed him away. I wanted to leave, but he grabbed my waist and pulled me to him.

I hit my back on his chest and sighed quietly. While one of his hands was at the end of my dress, the other one rested on my neck. I felt his fingers gently tighten on my skin. I was terrified, but also excited.

"Leave me alone," I asked.

He laughed and his lips started kissing my neck.

"We're on vacation, Alice. We can forget for a moment about everything" he murmured.

Forget about everything and sleep with each other?

"I'm sorry, FP. I'm not looking for a one-night, stand. I know that you want only to use my body!" I said loudly and moved away from him. "It was a mistake to come here with you" I looked at him and then went to the exit.

How could I believe that he would ever change? God, I was naïve. I left the club quickly and went to the hotel. I wanted to hide from the whole world and go to sleep.

"Alice" I heard his voice and I quickened my steps. "Alice, wait" he grabbed my hand, so I stopped, but I didn't turn to him.

"That's not what I meant," he said, and I laughed.

"You are always just talking about sex, and when you get bored you just go away" I growled and turned face to him.

"Alice, you misunderstand me. I didn't want to get you for a one-night stand. I would like to wake up next to you every day, I'd like to be with you, isn't that enough?" he asked, and I was indignant.

I was about to say something to him, but a group of teenagers walked past us, so I patiently waited for them to go a little further. I didn't want to make a scene.

"You have Gladys."

"She disappeared. She left."

"Okay. It's stupid. Gladys left and now you want to come back to me... But when Gladys will return to Riverdale you'll come back to her again. What a perfect idea, Forsythe" I hissed. "Fuck you" I showed him my middle finger and turned around. I ran straight across the street to the beach. I had to be as far as possible from him.

Tears ran down my cheeks. My sandals made it impossible to run across the sand so stoped for a moment to pull them down, but at the same time, FP took my hand and turned me around.

I lost my balance and fell on the sand, pulling FP to me. I struggled, but FP immobilized my wrists on both sides of my head.

"Let me go," I said. "There are ants here,"

"Are you afraid that they will bite you?" he asked with a smile and I rolled my eyes.

"FP" I sighed. I looked into his eyes.

"We need to talk, you know that," he whispered. I shook my head, feeling the sand get between my hair.

"FP I ... I am... When I escaped from this farm... I... I've done a lot of harm... I'm one big mess. I don't need another problem"

"I want to come back to you. This time for real. I mean it. You must believe me, Alice." FP stroked my cheek and I moved my head away from him.

"Why?" I asked quietly.

"I chose the wrong woman. Gladys never attracted me. I wanted to create a family with her for JellyBelly and Jughead, but she didn't care about the family. Drugs were more important for her." he said honestly.

I looked into his eyes, I saw sadness. One of my hands, free from his grip, stroked his cheek.

"I didn't sleep with her in one bed, my children can confirm it. I wasn't happy to be with her. I did it only for the children's sake, not for myself." FP moved away from me and helped me up. I brushed off the sand from my dress and sighed heavily.

"I think I'll have to cut my hair now," I murmured, touching my hair, where I felt a lot of sand. "You know it's hard to believe you, FP. You talk so convincingly," I said. "I'm afraid you'll reject me again."

He shook his head.

"I will not reject you, Alice, I swear to my children," he replied, and I nodded. I smiled slightly,

"I hate you," I said and walked towards the hotel.

"What have I done this time?" he asked with reproach.

"You'll wash my hair and then scrub my shoes. I can feel sand everywhere" I said, and he smiled.

"I can even help you get rid of this sand from your body," he muttered and embraced me at the waist. I jumped in surprise. "Can I touch you?" he asked and I sighed.

"You've already done it," I said.

"Fact" he muttered in my ear.

"What's your room number, Forsythe?"

"160," he said.

"Good to know" I murmured and went to the reception.