Leaving Everything

Sarah was busy learning for Chemistry, her last mid year exam for Grade 8. She couldn't believe she was so close to being a freshman! After that, maybe she would be seen mature from her parent's point of view. When she, ever so sadly, was about to study organic chemistry, her younger brother Greg burst into the room.

"Can't you knock?! You know I'm busy!"

But Greg was serious.

"Dad is calling the while family downstairs."

Sarah was surprised. She kept her book down and ran after her brother. She sat down with her sister Britney and her brother Simon. Their mum and dad were seated across the table.

James, her father, cleared his throat.

"I got a huge promotion, to the position as foreign manager. It is good news, but the problem is me won't be living here anymore."

No one responded, so he carried on.

"My post has been shifted to Saudi Arabia. We will move out of this house as soon as you guys get your results. I know it's going to be tough, but we don't have a choice. It's going to be fun. A new experience. What do you think?"

He did try to lighten the mood, but that didn't help.

There was total silence. The kids just stared at their parents in disbelief. Sarah was shocked.

Why did dad have to get a promotion which was forcing us to leave Alabama? The U.S?!

My mom decided to have a say.

"But think of all the new people we will meet, and all the new traditions we will experience!"

"Yeah, with those self-obsessed 'Muslims', " scoffed Simon. He excused himself and went upstairs. He was really upset.

But Sarah had a lot of thoughts running through her mind. She was a very optimistic person, which helped.

I will meet new people. But of course the price I have to pay is not being able to see my friends anymore. No one.

"You can go upstairs now Sarah," said her mum.

She went to her room and called her best friend, Holly Heath. She told her everything, of how she was moving for good. Clearly Holly was very upset. Who blamed her? They had one last exam the next day, and she was going to get her result in two days.

She didn't have alot of time in Alabama.

HOW COULD MY DAD DO THIS TO ME?!

IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

WHY WOULD HE DO THIS TO ME?!

But Sarah decided it was much better to scream internally than actually rant and consequently destroy everything in her room.

When she was a bit calm mentally, her mum knocked on her door.

"Come in," she murmured.

"Sarah, I know you're upset, but thank you for taking it more calmly than you brothers. You know it's not our choice. And you were very mature for accepting that and quietly going upstairs. I will reward you for that."

She had her hands behind her back. What could she be holding in them?

"Your dad and I got you the iPhone 6!" squealed her Mum.

ASDFGHJKL OMG. WHAT THE HECK?! HOW?!

That was all that was going through Sarah's mind. She couldn't believe it! Was this actually happening? Her own first phone? And the frekin iPhone 6?!

She saw her dad leaning against the door, grinning. She quickly got up and hugged him then his Mum. She grabbed the phone and called Britney in the room.

"THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH I LOVE YOU!"

Britney walked in and squealed too. She was so happy for her sister. But from the inside, even she wanted a phone. She was older than Sarah. She was kind of disappointed, but she kept that in. Besides she didn't like Apple. She was more of an Android person.

"And we have something for Britney too. What do you think it is?" my mom asked, very excited and giddy.

"Umm haha I don't know. What is it?"

Her mom handed her the LG G3. Britney just stared at it. She couldn't fathom the fact that she was holding the fastest Android phone available. She continued to stare at it.

"THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!"

She hugged her parents too and and she and Sarah began unpacking their phones. They even got a Sim for each phone. They couldn't believe it.

They went downstairs and found out that Simon got a new car in Saudi Arabia because he was 20. Harry, being 18, got a Ninja ZX 14 (a Sports bike) also in Saudi Arabia, and both of them were due for a driving test for their new licenses two days after they landed. Also Gregory got a new XBOX 1, and also the game Destiny® which he didn't stop talking about because it was an amazing game. It was 18+, but no one knew that, because the game came free with his XBOX.

Everyone was happy. And all of them forgot about their worries.

Simon dreamt about how he would go out with his new friends in his new Mustang GT 2014 model.

Harry on how he would go out and eat and go to the gym on his luxurious Sports-Bike.

Sarah and Britney spent alot  of time setting up their phones, and Greg just stared at his box happily because he wasn't allowed to open it till Saudi Arabia.

He could wait for 3 days. Very happily.

All of them went to sleep, because the next day was going to be long and hectic.