Fifteen or twenty minutes later, she was done with her makeup. She secured some simple stud earrings in her earlobes and a choker around her neck. She finished the look off with a chain necklace and some spare hair ties, just in case. Before she left her room, she grabbed a pack of gum, her phone, and a long coat to tie around her waist in case it got cold after the concert. She got to the console room just in time to see the Doctor popping a CD into the TARDIS player.

"Ian Dury and the Blockheads," the Doctor announced. "Number One in 1979."

"You're a punk," Rose laughed. She caught sight of Nora and ran over to hug her. "Nora! It's good to see you out of bed!"

Nora grinned and ruffled Rose's hair. "It's good to be out of bed."

Rose threw an arm around Nora's shoulders and returned to teasing the Doctor. "That's what you are. A big old punk with a bit of rockabilly thrown in."

"Would you like to see him?" the Doctor asked.

"How'd you mean?" Rose raised an eyebrow. "In concert?"

The Doctor shot her a look like she was insane. "What else is a TARDIS for? I can take you to the Battle of Trafalgar, the first anti-gravity Olympics, Caesar crossing the Rubicon or Ian Dury at the Top Rank, Sheffield, England, Earth, 21st November 1979. What do you think?"

"Sheffield sounds good to me," Nora said despite having no idea who Ian Dury was. "Rose?"

The blonde girl smirked. "Sheffield it is."

"Hold on tight!" the Doctor yelled. For once, Nora listened to the Doctor. She secured a tight grip on the railing. The trip wasn't a particularly rocky one. The Doctor beat the rhythm of the song on the console as the TARDIS shuddered and wheezed.

"Stop!" Rose called out. The TARDIS came to a sudden stop. Rose and the Doctor fell to the floor. Nora giggled as she watched them pick themselves up off the floor.

The Doctor's smile never faltered. "1979. Hell of a year. China invades Vietnam. The Muppet Movie. Love that film. Margaret Thatcher. Urgh. Skylab falls to Earth, with a little help from me." The Doctor's rambling continued as he opened the doors for Rose and Nora. "Nearly took off my thumb. And I like my thumb. I need my thumb. I'm very attached to-"

The sound of multiple rifles cocking cut him off. Nora squeezed out from behind him to see a bunch of Redcoats aiming at them. The officer in charge sat on a black horse. Behind them, a carriage waited. Nora's mind started whirring, trying to figure out a battle plan, but there wasn't really a way for her to get both the Doctor and Rose back in the TARDIS before the Redcoats pulled their triggers.

"My thumb," the Doctor finished lamely, raising his hands in surrender. "1879. Same difference." Nora rolled her eyes. She was seriously starting to think the Doctor was shit at driving.

The officer in charge stared down the Doctor. "You will explain your presence. And the nakedness of these girls." 

"Are we in Scotland?" the Doctor asked in an impressive Scottish accent.

"How can you be ignorant of that?" the officer shot back.

The Doctor waved a dismissive hand. "Oh, I'm, I'm dazed and confused. I've been chasing these, uh, these wee naked children over hill and over dale. Isn't that right, ya timorous beasties?" He was enjoying this far too much, clearly suppressing a smirk. Nora's hands balled into fists at her sides. Oh, she was so going to get him back for this later.

"Och, aye!" Rose chimed. Her attempt at a Scottish accent was horrifying. "I've been oot and aboot."

"No, don't do that," the Doctor whispered to her. Nora stepped behind him and pulled on the long coat she fetched from her closet earlier.