1

Fun Fact: I was originally going to have a cliche ending where Zeus would come down from the heavens and put Hades in his place, arguing that because Hades had made Phantom human, he had no place claiming him as one of his Sirens and he could not take his soul. Nor would he allow Hades to take Danny because Hades had broken certain rules and tampered with human life so he had no grounds to take Danny's soul either. However, in light of how cliche and anticlimactic I thought that was, and in the spirit in how much more poetic I thought the ending of Depths was, I changed it to what you saw in the ending of part 1 in the series.

...

20 years later.

...

Danny groaned, the sound of his alarm clock shattering the deep sleep he had been in would always be his least favorite part of the day.

Reaching a hand out of the heat from his covers, he pushed the dismiss button, giving his warm bed sheets one last farewell before he threw the comforter off his body. The cold of the air on his shirtless upper half was regrettable, but at least he remembered to put his bunny slippers at the foot of his bed so his feet wouldn't have to suffer from the ice-cold of his wooden floors.

Rubbing his face as he walked over to the bathroom to brush his teeth, Danny went through his mental agenda.

1.) Wake up.

2.) Coffee.

3.) Wake up his 8-year-old daughter.

4.) Coffee

Danny started brushing his teeth, examining his face as he did so. Should he shave? He had slight stubble... 

"Eh", he decided he wouldn't do it today, there wasn't enough visible hair to be worth the ten minutes it would take to shave.

5.) Take Dani to school.

6.) Work.

7.) Pick daughter up from school.

... That was as far as Danny got, he guessed after that it was up to Dani.

After spitting out and rinsing his mouth with mouthwash, Danny combed his hair. Some things never changed. He had always liked his bangs to be long and everything else to be short, and Danny was glad that his hair had only gotten darker over time. Washing his face, Danny got the sleep out of his eyes until he felt confident he was awake and went to his closet to put on a red button-up and black corduroys along with his black dress shoes. When he was fully clothed, he checked himself in the mirror and went down the hall to his daughter's room.

Their butler was downstairs preparing them all breakfast, and Danny could smell his cooking wafting the house and filling it with the smell of cinnamon and honey, and the raven all but moaned at the sweet smell as he opened up Dani's room. He knocked on the door on the off chance that the little girl was already awake- which wasn't likely- and when there was no response, he turned the knob and went in.

There was a lump on the bed and Danny knew that she had been pressing snooze on her alarm, he shook his head in disappointment, but he guessed it was normal. He didn't know how many times he had to tell her that snoozing only made the process of getting out of bed even harder, but experience told him that was just how children were.

Brat lifted her head when Danny walked in but was too tired to get up. She usually stayed upstairs at night after too many times where she struggled to get up the steps on her old legs. Brat was a determined little puppy, but when she finally hurt herself trying to climb the stairs, Danny decided he would just make it a habit to carry her up himself and lay her in her little doggy bed in Dani's room, as that's where she liked to stay at night.