Chapter Twenty One

By the time it came to the day that they would be flying to Los Angeles, Richard's agent who was also now Zoe's agent had them both signed up to appear on the Ellen show together and had a couple of auditions for Richard, so their few days holiday had instead turned into work. They still had one complete day together which Richard had promised would be their tourist day.

It was 4am in the morning as they sat in the kitchen waiting for their taxi to take them to the airport. Their cases packed and waiting in the hall.

"Why did we have to get the early flight again?" Zoe asked as she yawned.

Richard laughed. "Don't worry there will be plenty of time to sleep on the plane."

Their taxi arrived and all their cases were packed into the back and they were soon arriving at Heathrow Airport. They checked in and made their way through security. Once through it was 6am. They still had an hour till they would have to board their flight.

"Come on love" Richard said squeezing Zoe's hand. "I'll treat you to breakfast."

They found a Starbucks and Richard ordered them a couple of coffees and some pastries.

"That's better" Zoe said as she took the first sip of her coffee.

"In need of some caffeine were you?" Richard laughed as he stirred sugar into his own coffee.

"So what time will we land in LA" Zoe asked.

"It will be about midday" Richard replied.

"So I will have been on a plane for nearly 12 hours yet it will only be midday when I get there. That blows my mind." Zoe laughed.

"Yep it's going to be a very long day" Richard replied.

They heard an announcement made across the speaker system that the gate for their flight had now opened so they finished off their coffees and made their way over to their allocated gates. Before long they were both taking their first steps onto the plane.

"We are through here love" Richard signalled to Zoe through to the first class section of the plane.

"We are flying first class?" Zoe asked shocked.

"Thought it would be quieter for us both. The last thing you want is to be sat next to a fan on a flight" Richard smiled.

They walked through the aisle of the plane to find that each pair of seats were partitioned off and as they took their seats together Zoe came to realise that the seats also folded down into a bed if you wanted to as well.

"Wow you don't get this in economy" Zoe laughed as she switched the buttons on her seat testing all the different positions it did. "It will be easier to sleep now that's for sure."

Twelve hours later the plane touched down at Los Angeles airport. They collected their luggage and then made their way out to the entrance where they were met by a driver holding a car up stating "Madden and Dillon". The driver packed all their cases into the back of the SUV whilst Zoe and Richard climbed into the back seat.

"You guys going straight to your hotel?" He asked as he returned to the drivers seat.

"Yes please" Richard replied as Zoe placed her head on his shoulder and closed her eyes.

"Hey try not to sleep now love" Richard said nudging Zoe in her side. "It will help your jet lag if you can stay awake as long as possible.

Zoe shook herself awake and looked out of the window as the car began to leave the airport. Their agents had booked them into the Four Seasons hotel in Beverley Hills for the duration of their stay which was about a thirty minute drive from the airport. As they arrived they were met by concierge who carried all their cases from the car and they were soon checked in and being shown up to their room.

"We hope you enjoy your stay Mr and Mrs Madden" the staff member said and they backed out of the room and closed the door leaving them alone. Richard raised his eyebrow at Zoe whilst Zoe laughed.

"Must say it does have a nice ring to it" Richard said winking at Zoe causing her to blush.

***

A couple of days later was the day they were booked to go onto the Ellen show. Richard has chosen to wear black jeans with a black shirt and brown jacket whilst Zoe had opted for a pink and black blouse paired with a black pair of trousers and black heels.

They were both sat backstage waiting to be introduced to the show by Ellen.

"Are you nervous?" Richard asked holding Zoe's hand.

"A little. The last interview I did turned out to be a complete disaster." Zoe replied.

"This time will be different I promise and you have me by your side this time" Richard smiled.

A producer walked over to them telling them it was nearly time and walked them round to the edge of the stage. They could hear Ellen talking to the audience in front of her.

"My next guests are the golden couple of Hollywood at the moment. One was the star of the hit movie Beyond whilst the other was the voice behind the film. Let's welcome to the stage Richard Madden and Zoe Dillon."

They heard the audiences applause following Ellen's announcement and the producer encouraged them both to walk forward and onto the stage. The both walked over to Ellen giving her a hug before taking their seats opposite her.

"Welcome to the show guys" Ellen said as she took her seat.

"Thank you for having us" Richard replied.

"So I bet you must both be delighted with the success of Beyond, especially you Zoe with what a success Glow has become" Ellen said to them both.

"Yes I still can't quiet believe how many copies of Glow have sold worldwide." Zoe replied.

"And now it is nominated for a Golden Globe at this weekends awards ceremony." Ellen continued.

"Yes when I was asked to take on this project I never in my wildest dream imaged I would receive this prestigious nomination" Zoe replied.

"Now Richard I believe it was yourself who got Zoe the opportunity to audition to sing on the films soundtrack." Ellen asked.

"Yes That is correct. I heard Zoe's voice one day so asked the team if they would be interested in offering her an audition and I guess the rest is history." Richard said.

"Now it hasn't all been plain sailing though has it?" Ellen asked. Richard felt Zoe tense up beside her and he knew what was coming next. "We have all read that newspaper article about what your Mother said about you. How have you managed to remain so calm whilst reading those lies?"

Richard jumped in to save Zoe. "Zoe has been amazing. She is new to all this media attention having never been in the limelight before recording Glow and to have those horrible things said about her will of course hurt but she has always remained strong knowing that she was always in the right. She has nothing to hide against those allegations her mother made as everyone knows they were a lie anyway. I was lucky enough to have the pleasure of meeting Daniel before her sadly passed away and the love and care Zoe showed to him would show anyone just how much she cared for her brother. After I unfortunately knocked Zoe down with my car, the first thing she said as she came round in hospital was that she needed to phone up and check her brother was ok. She always put her brother first even when she was injured herself."

"Wow it sounds like you deserve a medal for all you have been through" Ellen said.

"I was just doing what any sister would do for their brother in the situation" Zoe replied.