Chapter Four

Zoe woke up in the morning to find she was on her side with her back up against Richard's chest. He had his arm around her waist holding her tightly to himself. Since the accident with her brother, Zoe hadn't really had any close contact with another guy so even just to have this unintentional contact felt good. She could feel Richard's slow breaths against the back of her neck and she just wanted to enjoy this moment while it lasted. Of course she expected when Richard woke up that he would apologise and then this moment would be forgotten about.

She felt Richard stir behind her and his hand moved from around her waist. Zoe rolled over to face him.

"Oh sorry I didn't realise you were awake" Richard said as she watched his face go red for a change.

"I haven't been for long but can I be honest" she asked trying to read his face.

"Of course" a puzzled look in his eyes.

"I was enjoying that" she said as her face began to blush.

"You were?" Richard asked a smile spreading across his face.

He pulled her closer to him and held her tight in his arms.

"Is this ok too?" He whispered in her ear "only I have wanted to do this since we started to get to know each other yesterday. You are one of the most strong and amazing people I have ever met and I hope I can become a person in your life to support you."

Zoe wrapped her arms around Richard's back and nuzzled her head into his shoulder. She felt Richard kiss her on her forehead.

"I think your gorgeous" Richard whispered in her ear.

Zoe lifted her head and they both looked into each other's eyes. She could see Richard's kindness and caring nature showing through. She looked at his lips and couldn't help but notice how soft they looked. She felt Richard's face move closer and then stop as he hesitated looking for reassurance that this was what Zoe definitely wanted. Zoe chose to show him and closed the gap between them as their lips touched and they kissed. They continued to kiss for about a minute before they both pulled away a little breathless.

"Wow" Zoe whispered.

Richard looked at her in the eyes again for reassurance and Zoe smiled at him so he leant forward for a second kiss only to be interrupted by the doorbell.

"Damn" Zoe cursed as she pulled away from Richard. "I forgot to cancel the carers."

Zoe went downstairs in her pyjamas and let the carers in who came and greeted her as they usually did and then went to go and wake her brother. She went back into her room to find Richard sat up in bed.

"So are the careers here all day today then?" He asked.

"Yeah, I was going to cancel them to try and save some money seeing as I am on a sick note from work for the next two weeks and do it myself but I just forgot." Zoe replied.

"Well in that case seeing as you have the day free, how would you like to go on a date with me?" Richard asked.

"Really?" Zoe asked excited.

"Yeah I guess we have done things the wrong way round having the kiss first" Richard laughed "but yes today I would like to treat you, you deserve it."

An hour later they had both had showers and Richard had helped Zoe dress again. Zoe had noticed that this time his hands had lingered longer on her skin and there had been a lot more brushes of his hand across her back. Zoe of course hadn't complained. Each touch had send butterflies through her body.

As Richard wouldn't tell Zoe what he had planned she had opted to wear the type of clothes she was most comfortable in, her blue jeans, a striped t-shirt and her navy jacket. Richard had chosen some grey jeans a white T-shirt and a black jacket. He then pulled a black baseball cap on.