Chapter Twenty One [The Start of Something]

Start from the beginning

"Gyal Jess has a way of expressing himself if he's mean it just means he likes you, don't pay him any mind" Roman said before kissing my cheek and walking back inside and I stood next to O and looked up at him.

"You think I'll be able to divorce him when I'm older?" I asked O and he started laughing before wiping the tears from his eyes.

"Yeah you'll be able to, but you won't" he said as he wrapped his arm around me and we walked to the car waiting to take us to the airport. A few moments later I watched Jesse hug onto a maid tightly and kiss her cheek as she wiped a tear that had escaped from his eye, it was actually a sad scene.

When he got in the car he sat next to me in the back and pulled out his phone sliding in his headphones and looking out the window ignoring me as the car pulled off with members from his security following closely behind.

I finally got enough courage to touch his hand and when I glanced at him again he was mugging me but I didn't care instead I smiled and looked out the window. If he didn't want me touching him he would've moved my hand which means deep down inside he liked the comfort.

E L I A S

I rode my skateboard around my fathers warehouse fucking with people as he wrapped up a business meeting. It's a shame he's walking away from the drug business it seems like it'd be fun to run all this.

"Aye Cal you work in here?" I asked him as he sat at his fathers desk and turned in a circle. He was always cool like this when it was just him and I but when he was around Cali lame ass he was a completely different Calvin.

"Nah I'm just a corner boy, but when I turn eighteen I'll own all this" he smirked and I nodded before I thought about something.

"You think my pops will let me take up where he left off? Tristan isn't cut out for it and it's only fair" I told him and he started laughing.

"You my blood so I'll put you on just remember to stay loyal cause we family" he said as we slapped hands and I nodded. I'd never turn my back on my family that was an important rule I learned from my pops.

When I glanced up he was leaving out of his meeting and walked over making Cal get up so he could sit down. He looked stressed the fuck out and worried about something.

"O just landed so he should be here in a little bit but there's some changes we making around here" my dad said and Cal and I perked up as he looked at the both of us.

"What's going on? Is it something bad?" Cal asked and my dad shook his head as he glanced down at his ringing phone and judging by the way he rolled his eyes it was probably my mama asking when we'd be back.

"We merged with the Jamaican Cartel and Roman is sending his oldest child down here to work with us, treat that boy with respect you know how powerful he is and he family now" my pops said rolling his eyes and I raised my eyebrow.

"What you mean family? You got some secret kids or something? If you do I'll beat yo ass for stepping out on my mama" I snapped and he raised his hand causing me to quickly shut up.

"Nah Alijah married him, don't say shit to anybody alright?" He said lowly and Cal and I looked at each other wide eyed.

"Hell no not my sister! I'm taking off on his ass when I see him ain't that right Cal?" I said and he quickly dapped me up.

"You already know what's up, how the fuck my dad let that shit happen anyway?" Cal asked and my dad seemed to get angry as he thought about it.

"He did it for business reasons, I don't agree with it but what's done is done and I doubt they'll stay married" he said trying to convince himself more than us. I glanced at the doorway and Cali walked in giving us a head nod before dropping off his bag of money.