[two]- Cafeteria

Beginne am Anfang

My class has just finished and it's break time. I walked right into my locker just to see Kenneth who has been standing there, as he sees my presence, he immediately waves his hand at me. I approach him and we go straight doing a fist bump. I don't really know a lot of people in this school, probably only Ken because he is also in the same dance crew as I am.

"So, is that girl you talked about in the studio yesterday is inside of this school?" Kenneth asked, he has always been a blunt one. "San Jose—not even a single 'how are you?' great." I complained as he rolls his eyes. "Don't try to change the topic." He warned me as he is leaning onto someone's locker while I put some off my books into mine.

"I need an answer, Lewser." He said. Gosh, Kenneth has always been a blunt impatient human being.

"Chill Ken. Firstly, yes she is from this school. And second, I don't know exactly anything about her except for her name." I explained to him as I close my locker, now we are walking through the hallway, almost bumping everyone who is walking at an opposite direction.

"What's her name?"

"Kaycee Rice." I said in a small voice, I don't want people to hear me. I don't want to catch anyone attention. Kenneth facial expression changed from being serious into having a huge smirk on his face. This can't be great. "Good taste bro." He said, elbowing my body in a mocking way. I can only smile shyly "I guess s-"

Suddenly Kenneth puts both of his hand between his mouth—"KAYCEE CAITLIN RICE." he shouted, I know what he's going to do, I try to shut his mouth with my hand, but he is way stronger than I am.

Shit.

"I REPEAT KAYCEE CAITLIN RICE—MY FRIEND, SEAN LEW IS LOOKING FOR YOU." He shouts even louder, ending his statement with a laugh. He smiled at me as he lift his face to the front. I swear if killing wouldn't cost a life away—this would be the eighth times I kill Kenneth.

"Look Sean."

[Kaycee's]

Dumb me and also dumb Sean. We only know each other full name and it's a dead end for me to meet him again because I know nothing else about him. He's not in any class that I have been attending this whole semester. I tried asking Tahani if she ever saw Sean Lew in one of her classes, the answer was no.

Such a waste of time coming to school today early in the morning, thinking I'll meet him again. Should've came late again, probably he's also in the principal office.

It's break time, I walk through the hallway trying as fast as possible to reach the cafeteria. Probably Sean Lew is there. I mean, I do hope so.

I was just minding my own business when I heard someone shouts for my name.

"KAYCEE CAITLIN RICE."

I try to search for the source of the voice, but it's impossible when the hallway is packed up with a lot of people, especially, most of them are way taller than me.

"I REPEAT KAYCEE CAITLIN RICE—MY FRIEND, SEAN LEW IS LOOKING FOR YOU." I think my heart almost stops when I hear that Sean is looking for me. Everyone immediately stops their movement, eyes are now all on me. Ugh, this is the worst. "He's there Kayc" I heard someone says from behind me, as he pointed to a direction. I thanked the person for telling me, he responded with two thumbs up and a smile.

That's Sean Lew. Dressed in a white sweater and sweatpants. He looks absolutely great in white. As soon as he sees me, he shyly smile and waves at me, Kenneth San Jose pushed him towards my direction. And thank God, now, everyone is back to doing their activity.

"I'm so sorry about that, Kenneth has always been loud and a little bit annoying." He said, his right hand rested on the back of his neck. "And I didn't know that he knows you." He continued, smiling shyly.

I laughed at him, we are walking together to the cafeteria. "That's fine, I know Kenneth pretty well. I've been paired with him in some projects." I explained. His mouth formed a silent 'oh'.

"I thought I almost lost you." He said, looking at me. I think he realized what he was doing when he quickly turned away. I swear when he said that, my heart skiped twice and my cheeks turned red. Gosh, Kaycee, control yourself.

"Almost. But now I'm here Lew." I told him, trying my hardest to act cool. As if his words before did not impact me at all. Now we are in line to get some food, each of us holding a tray. Cafeteria food are not the greatest and the menu today is not an exemption. Some mashed potato, peanut butter sandwich and an apple juice. Classic.

We walked through the cafeteria to find empty seats for two, Sean pulled a chair for me in the corner of the room, a spot was empty. It's great to be able to find an empty table for us because most of the time the cafeteria is very packed. I immediately thank him.

We didn't talk much because both of us are busy eating. I observes him quietly, dark messy hair, dark brown eyes, dimples when he smiles, honestly—he looks so soft.

"Kaycee—"I quickly looked away from him, pretending that I didn't observe him before. "I think I haven't told you this." He continued, he claps his hands together, trying to get rid of the bread crumbs from his fingertips. I tilt my head, frowning. "What?" I asked him, a confused smile plastered on my face.

"You really caught my attention from the first day we met."

Oh God.

Dumb Sean
I told you earlier who she is!

Dumb Sean
Gosh—is it okay to flirt after just meeting someone for the second time?

Dumb Sean
I can't hold myself when I look at her.

—❥—

Author's Note
Heyo,quick rant. I'm going to make this story as short as possible cuz writing many chapters kill my brain. So I'll try to keep it short yet entertaining.

I'm also sorry that this has not really sparks chemistry—I promise next chapter will. Oh yea, don't forget to leave your votes or comments. It will be great hearing from all of you! ☺️❤️