Chapter 12: The Royal Blacksmiths

Start from the beginning

Jay shrugged with a confident smirk "I don't know I'm starting to think we can win this thing."

Cole glared at him grunting heavily to which the blue ninja sighed crossing his arms "Okay, okay, we'll stick to the plan."

The four ninja took the rest of the five minute break to cool down and refresh for the harsh practice ahead.

Once that was over they ended up heading outside for fresh air to practice.

Lou encouraged you to go outside as well, noting that the fresh air is good for the mind especially to clear up the fog that hurts the creative process.

Sitting underneath a tree outside the home you sat there with the guitar watching the ninja practice.

The sun warmed the tree you layed your back against. Your body tingled with a comforting warmth as you layed your head back.

You started to zone out. Trying to focus on your surroundings your eyes grew hazy and heavier by each passing moment.

Steady breathing lulled your body to sleep for a quick nap resting your tired eyes in the afternoon sun.

~~~

Third Person's Pov:
The four ninja went over their moves repeatedly for the competition. Much to Cole's displeasure but for the time being according to plan.

Amidst their practice Kai had taken notice of (Y/n) who was resting peacefully underneath the tree. Looking over he nudged Jay gesturing to the girl. "Look who's sleeping through practice" he said as the other ninja looked her way.

"She must really need it" Zane replied raising an eyebrow at his brother not seeing the problem "People do need more sleep than others."

"I know that" Kai replied kneeling in front of the girl looking at her sleeping face. Laying back she slept with her arms crossed tightly. Eyebrows creased as she frowned with clenched teeth like she's seething with anger. "It's like she's scowling..." The fire ninja commented tilting his head.

"Wanna prank her?" Jay proposed to the others. Nothing too extravagant but just enough to startle the girl maybe something to laugh about.

"Nah let's draw a mustache on her and get back to work" Kai said as he pulled out a marker from his back pocket. "Maybe it will help her loosen up a bit."

"What are you talking about?" Cole couldn't help but ask the fire ninja as that came out of nowhere. Kai stood up from the ground getting some distance from the girl.

He spoke in a low tone making sure she doesn't hear "Isn't it odd how we barely know her? She only hangs out with Lloyd, barely interacting with anyone except when needed. It's...weird."

"You don't know what she's really like Kai so you're not one to talk" Zane told the fire ninja with his own wisdom. "People will open up if you are willing to do the same. Plus some people may not feel like talking like someone we know."

"Hey!" Both the lightning and fire ninja exclaimed in sync but looked at each other confused as to who the nindroid was referring to.

The blue ninja sighed reminding the fire ninja "The only times you talk to her is when you try to get her to train with you. Which always ends in rejection or you with your face on the floor"

Cole nodded his head voicing aloud "I do think it's odd we don't know anything about her. She is like a stranger to us despite living together for a while now. But I guess everyone has their secrets..."

"She also doesn't know a lot about us either" Zane reasoned knowing more than he let on. he knows about her amnesia but refuses to tell his brothers since that isn't his place to spread her problems.