Gold

I'm feeling like anything that I post from now on will be little drabbles. Sorry it's so short. :/

~~

“Shall I compare thee to a firework?” He grins, his nose scrunching as he bends toward your ear. You’re walking through a crowded lot, back to the car your parents had let you borrow.

One of his hands is buried deep within his jeans pocket, the other intertwined with yours. The show had just hundreds of people scrambling for their cars and trying to exit the place as quickly as possible. This is one of the first years you’d taken your time getting back to the quiet of your vehicle. (You knew it was just because as soon as you got home, it’d be weird to be all lovey in front of your parents. They’d insisted you stay with them for the two days you’d be in town for the holiday, complaining that they never saw you and that hotels were too expensive- even if your husband was a famous actor in award winning films.)

Living in Illinois, your Fourth of July’s weren’t always baking hot every year. This time around, the temperature hit a balmy 80 degrees. You wipe some sweat off your forehead with the back of your hand while laughing at Tom’s question.

“Me? A firework?”

“Oh yes,” he begins, swinging your interlocked hands casually, “You are like the really small ones, that don’t give off a lot of light, but when they explode and the sound finally reaches you- you’re blown off your feet. The sound that small firecracker makes shakes you, because you weren’t expecting what you hear a moment later.”

“So, when it comes to me,” you continue, “I’m just a small, ugly little thing in which you make me out to be a “looks can be deceiving” thing? Don’t judge a book by its cover?”

“No- of course not, love. You miss my point,” he shakes his head, “You do all of these incredible things, but you’re so humble about it. That firework doesn’t mind being so little, because it’s able to do great things. It’s able to shake you off your feet.”

~~

Much love to you all~ XX

-Kora