Chapter 2

Abby's POV:

After Danny left me to go do patrol, and go on a date with his mate. I finished up my paperwork.

"Punkin, can we talk?" My Dad asked, walking in my office.

"Of course, anytime." I smiled at him.

"Don't marry Colin." I was taken aback. He doesn't want me to get married?

"What? Why?" I was confused. He has always pushed me to find my mate, since I am almost 30 and havent found my mate, I thought he would love this idea.

"Your mother and I have discussed this at length. We don't want you to marry for the good of the pack, we want you to find your mate. The person who brings you happiness, because then it will also be for the good of the pack." Dad spoke softly, with tears in his eyes. He wasn't much of a cryer, almost never, only when someone died.

"Dad, what if my mate died. He may have died in a rogue attack. I am almost 30, and there has been no sign of a mate for me." I tried to sound soft, but I don't think I did.

"What does Zahra say? Does she think your mate is dead?" He snapped at me.

'No! He isn't dead. I know he isn't you just need to look for him!' She snapped at me too. The only time we argue is over our mate.

"No, she doesn't. She thinks I should go look for him." I sighed.

"Good." He nodded. "Take Danny with you tomorrow, and Ever. I will look after the pack. I don't trust that Blood Moon, good for nothing Alpha." He snapped again.

"His father was a gentle loving man, and a good Alpha. It's a damn shame that he, his mate, and youngest died that day. We were good friends, and didn't need an alliance to help each other out!"

"Dad, I know you still hurt over Anthony, and Trudy's death. It is such a shame their 5 year old died too. I wish I could remember them." I had taken my dad's hand. He patted it, and smiled a sad smile.

"Don't marry Colin. Please, for me." I nodded to him. He left my office.

'Zahra, what if we don't find our mate? Honestly, it really hurts thinking we might never find him.'

'A, calm down. It hurts me too. If we don't find him by the time we are 30, then we will marry a widower. I won't take another male from their mate.' I nodded to her. 'I want a mate, and a pup as bad as you. Trust me. We will get it, I have a feeling though this trip is going to be both bad and good.'

I sighed, knowing she is right. Nathaniel will be livid when I refuse Colin, and the terms of his proposal. I went to bed with a heavy heart, and aching head.

"Morning Alpha, I fixed breakfast this morning so you wouldn't have to!" Rain, my best friend and Beta female chirped. I normally fix breakfast. I enjoy cooking, and like feeding my pack.

"Thanks Rain. Is there cof-" she put a mug of coffee just the way I take it in my hands.

"No one wants you to marry Colin. We all want you to find your mate. The one who will be your equal, not dominate. The one who will still let you be Alpha, and not force you to be Luna. One that won't make you submit to him." She smiled sadly at me. I nodded. My whole pack now stands proudly behind me. I earned my place as their Alpha, and they will be damned if anyone takes it from me. I earned their respect to be Alpha, not forced it upon them. No one fears to speak their mind to me, but most respect to pass it along through the chain of command.

"Alpha, I have organized the training for today, and assigned guards to escort you to Blood Moon." Zach, my head warrior said, as he came around the corner.