Chapter 2: An Enchanted Engagement

Start from the beginning

As he made his way to the bottom of the stairs, Kanato was startled by the sound of a loud wet wind hitting their large front doors. It was currently raining hard outside that night and it seemed like a typhoon was inevitable given the sound of it.

He shrugged before turning and heading towards where Ayato and Laito were, the two of them still caught up in their irrational argument. As Kanato reached the entry way to the living room, a loud knock echoed throughout the main hall. Ayato and Laito were suddenly quiet as they both looked at Kanato wearily, Laito opening his mouth to ask, "Who could that possibly be?"

"Don't ask me! As if I would know!" Kanato shouted with irritation as he looked to Ayato for answers. Ayato shrugged as well and replied, "No one has told me anything either."

Suddenly, Shu and Reiji appeared in the main hall. Shu wore a look of obvious disdain for whatever situation was about to arise from opening the door. With a sigh, he merely raised a hand, the doors swinging wide open at the command of one of his familiars. Standing outside was a woman wearing what appeared to be a hooded black cape, the hood pulled over her head to protect her from the heavy rain.

Without a word, she glanced up at the five men who now all stood in the entrance hall and murmured, "I've finally arrived."

Reiji stepped foward and said, "Indeed you have. We were expecting you, however we were not certain when exactly you would arrive, so please excuse my younger brothers dumbfounded expressions."

Stepping inside, she slid the black hood off of her head and shook her slightly damp hair off, revealing a feminine looking face as well as a shade of hair the color of lilacs. The triplets eyes widened with curiosity and Ayato was the first to speak.

"Oi Shu, who is this?" he demanded obstinately. Kanato chimed in with, "This girl smells foreign to me. What in the world is she doing here?"

"Well," Shu scratched his head before muttering, "Shit...I don't even know how to say this without rolling my eyes, but 'that person' wants this girl to..."

He sighed heavily before glaring at Reiji and groaning, "Oi, you tell them. This is just stupid sounding."

Reiji sighed in response to Shu's neglect to properly inform his brothers of such a simple thing but yielded to his request anyhow.

Pushing his glasses up with his middle finger, he muttered, "Father wants this girl to be one of our betrothed."

"Eh?" Laito piped out, seeming almost amused at the suggestion, "Betrothed? I think what he's actually trying to do is get this girl to simply breed with one of us. But we don't have to get married to do something like that...fufu~"

"This is such a headache," Shu mustered out before looking at the girl directly and asking, "Oi, what's your name? And what are you anyways? You're not a human by the scent of you, but I'm not really familiar with your kind."

The girl wore an irritated expression similar to that of a rebellious teenager who was forced to go church with her family. She inhaled sharply before answering, "My name is Violet. I'm what you would call a celestial nymph, though I have many abilities that reach beyond a standard nymph."

She huffed out a stubborn breath before continuing, "I'll be frank with you all. I'm not thrilled to be here but I wasn't given any choice. So whatever must be done, so be it. I don't really care for formalities. Just get it over with already."

Reiji almost cackled at her brash way of speaking, unbefitting to her natural fairy-like beauty. With a smirk, he spoke, "With a mouth so blunt, I'm sure there are plenty of options to be had with a creature like you. But we are not savages here. It would be disingenuous to bring you here only to treat you like a lamb for the slaughter. We have another female living here at the moment as well so we would like to extend to you the same offer we gave her. The choice to choose one of us to be your betrothed. Yui has already chosen a suitor so naturally, I am off the table for this selection. However, you are free to choose between my five brothers to be your betrothed."