Protect Her

Harry's POV
I knew the moment she looked at me it was different. I... I guess it worked.... "Harry?" I looked down then looked back up at her. "Yeah?" "Are you okay? You seem... off?" She says and puts the cupcake down. "I'm fine, but are ye okay?" "I-I don't know... I feel... weird..." I know. "Ye do? Do ye feel sick? Do ye need teh lay down?" "Maybe? I-I don't know? Harry?" I hum, as she climbs into her bed.

"Don't be mad at me..." "Why would I be mad at ye? Wha' reason would I have?" She's silent for a moment. Don't say it, please don't say it. "I.... I l—" I put my hand over her mouth. "I know ye like me." Don't say the other word. Please don't. Her eyes widen and I remove my hand from her mouth. "Wh-What? How long have you known?" "I've known fer about a week and a half. I figured eht out. I could just tell ye we're lookin' at me differently."

She turns away from me. "Was I that obvious?" "Lass, look at me." I say softly. She turns toward me. Her face looking down. I lift her chin. "Ye weren't obvious, I'm just good at readin' ye." She gives me a small smile. Then follows an awkward silence. I don't want to.... I can't... but I have to. "L-Lass?" I don't like this... not one bit.

"H-Harry?" I make eye contact with her. I have to. "I... I think.... I think I like ye too... lass." Her eyes widen and she sits up and looks at me. I'm.... so sorry... I didn't want to do this. "R-Really?" I nod my head, unable to speak. Her eyes scan my face. Please... believe me... it won't work otherwise... She smiles brightly. Another awkward silence follows.

"Princess... will... will ye be me.... girlfriend?" I hate this. "Yes." She smiles, tears forming in her eyes. Not all tears are bad Harry. These ones are. To me, they are. She hugs me. I don't deserve this. "Best birthday ever." Don't remind me. She yawns. "Get some sleep okay, love?" She blushes, and nods. Stop being so easily affected by me. You're only making this harder.

She lays back down and turns away from me. As soon as I know she's asleep I leave the room. I bump into someone. It was Ben. "Harry? Are you okay?" I just shake my head walk away. No. I'm not okay. I only wish I knew I was this not okay.

Ben's POV
What in the world? Mal rushes up to me not long after Harry walked away. "Ben, something is wrong." My eyes widen and we head to my office. "What's wrong?" I asked. "The atmosphere. There's something very.... evil about the atmosphere." "What do you mean?" "I don't know... I've felt it for awhile but I've decided to ignore it hoping I was being paranoid but... it's still here."

"Do you know what kind of evil?" "A very powerful one. Nothing specific yet, maybe Dr. Faciliar, Chernabog, or..." She trails off. "Or?" She looks at me. "Hades." My eyes widen. Hades... it could be... it makes sense. "Ben?" "Yeah?" "You think you know... don't you?" I nod my head.

Harry's POV
"So you spelled the girl." I freeze. Parker. "I don't know what her talkin' about." I growled. "Don't play dumb with me Hook. I know what you did. You spelled her." I glare at him and his normally brown eyes flash blue. I chuckle darkly. "I should've known. Wha' do ye want, Hades." "So you've finally recognized me." "Well when ye take a less likely ferm eht's a little hard teh recognize ye. Wha' do ye want wit the lass. Leave 'er alone."

"Now why would I do that?" "Leave 'er alone that's all I'm askin'. Is that why Uma asked me teh spell 'er? Makes sense now." "You still did it didn't you? After all, it was your Captain's orders, and you can't disobey her now can you?" "Wha' do ye even want wit the lass? Why do ye want teh do this teh 'er?" He clicks his tongue in disappointment. "Awe come on Harry, you and I both know I won't tell you that. Besides we all have our reasons for the things we do. We all have secrets." I narrowed my gaze.

"How long have ye been watchin' us?" "I've been watching you and (Yn) for since you got here, and now that you've spelled her I'm that much closer to freedom." "Wha' does she have teh do with yer freedom?" He only laughs. "Wouldn't you like to know." "I would." He laughs and I growl. "WHY CAN'T YE JUST LEAVE 'ER ALONE!?" Parker's face shifts into a dark glare as Hades becomes angry. "I NEED HER FOR MY FREEDOM!" "How?!" He chuckles again, and begins to circle me. "Have you not seen it? Certainly you have, there's no way you haven't."

"Seen wha'?" I glare as he circles me. "The eyes, do they not remind you of someone?" I thought for a moment. Trust me Harry you don't want to know. No, I won't believe it. It's just Hades telling lies. "I ain't gonna believe ye. Yer known fer tellin' lies." "You must be getting me confused with Loki, but that's beside the point. Believe what you want Harry, sooner or later... you'll know the truth."

"I'm gonna give ye one last warnin'. Leave (Yn) alone." "Or what? You don't scare me pirate." I rush forward and pin Parker/Hades to a tree by the neck. "If ye lay a finger on 'er I will come down to the underworld myself, and hook ye. This time eht ain't an empty threat." "You can't kill the god of the dead." I smirk darkly. "We'll have teh see about that the won't we? I'd rather not find out, stay away from 'er Hades."

"You really fell for her didn't you? Who would've thought, the son of Hook, falls for Wendy Darling's daughter. It would be such a shame if something were to happen to (Yn)." I choked him harder. "Don't. Ye. Touch 'er." "Oh but Harry... I already have. It's only a matter of time... now as fun as this chat was I must get going. I'd watch your back if I were you. Goodbye, Hook." I release him as he leaves Parker. Before Parker wakes up I run.

That's what's been wrong... Hades is after (Yn)... I have to tell Ben. I sprint into his office, eyes wide with worry as I try to fight tears. Why couldn't this have been the one time I didn't listen to Uma. I knew something was off... and now.... Hades could escape. "Harry? What's wrong?" Ben asks. "It's (Yn). She's in danger." Ben's eyes widen. "H-How do you know?" "Hades talked to me through Parker. Hades is trying to escape the Underworld and he's gonna use (Yn) to do it." His eyes widen, as do Mal's. "Hades... that's the presence." "I think he got teh Uma teeh... she's been actin' strange." "Thank you for telling us Harry, go back to your dorm and make sure she's okay." I nod and rush back to the dorm.

I pause outside the door. I have to do whatever it takes to protect her... even if it means the spell can never be broken. (Yn)... I'm so, so sorry. I open the door and she's still asleep. I'll do whatever it takes, to make sure you stay safe.