Chapter 8: Bury A Friend

Start from the beginning

—————

Everything are well taken care of Kuroko-kun, you may go now and please send my regard to Mr. Sei Shi." Politely bowing one last time to the principal is what Tetsuya's did as he slowly closed the door. He goes straight into this office for his sudden transferring case, yet it's already processed by the silverhead without any of his knowledge.

Also the fact that he doesn't have any idea this school is owned by Hong Sei Family. Tetsuya didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

"Kuroko!!" Riko Aida called out, running for him.

She noticed me. That's what Tetsuya think at this moment. He turned around and face his young brunette coach as well memories the other day played before him. Silently, he gulped down and shown his usual blank face expression.

"Yes coach?"

"Why are you not even answering my calls!? Where are you this last Saturday ah!? Don't you know we have practice and we have sudden changes for regulars. After the class go to the gymnasium and run ten laps before I'll tell you everything you needed to know. Do you understand Kuroko?" After saying all what she needed, hands on her waist she looked to the bluenette's  expecting an obedient nod.

However, Riko was quite taken a back, one step from behind, because of those glinting blue eyes staring at her filled of void emotion.

"Kuroko?"

Tetsuya snapped out, remembering he's standing in front of their Seirin High School basketball club team coach ad waiting for his reply. The uncomfortable silence disappeared when he speak of.

"I'm here to give you this Coach." He handed the resignation form.

"What is——are you quitting why?"

Why? Tetsuya again feeling laughing and crying at the same time.

Isn't that obvious?

He wanted to yell, say it out loud for everyone to hear his pathetic reason for backing out and transferring. 

Though, he choose to be calm and closed his eyes for a moment. He took the deep slow breath and stared at his coach with no visible emotions.

Tone crisp ice cold, gone deep and rigid, his words came out seemed like the wind from pit of hades.

"Thank you for everything."

Riko left alone, lips agape with little space. And stiffened to her spot, eyes widening in surprised for unexpected response.

It feels like she didn't speak to Kuroko Tetsuya but to someone who's insane scary, fearless, and evil.

Even so, why he noticed Kuroko right away? Is there something alternation that she did not know?

"Riko-senpai what's wrong?" Surprised at the sudden voice out of the blue.

She let out a high pitched cry in familiar momentum.

"Suya-kun."

"Yes, Coach."

"Did you see Kuroko?"

"Kuroko–senpai!? Where?" The grey haired freshman eyes started to search  for his upperclassman.

"Did you see him?"

"Yes. . .and he's seems odd." Riko replied looking from the direction where Tetsuya's gone to. There no trace of him, no more of him anymore except this printed paper with resignation content.

Somehow, the feeling of sadness rose up to within her, nevertheless the emotions of  disappointment and rising anger for sudden  decision won over.