Chapter Nine

"What do you want?" Jughead whispered angrily through the phone.  "I have to say, she was one to fight back. Had to knock her out." He chuckled through the phone. "What the fuck did you do!" Jughead growled. "Relax. Just gave her some sleeping pills." Jughead sighed, closing his eyes, "Please don't hurt her." He said. "Oh, well that depends on you." "Me?" Jughead asked. "What do you want?" He said. "I know that the serpent savings fund goes up to a little over 100,000 dollars. I want it. All of it." Malachi said firmly.

Jughead sighed angrily. "That's our savings, Malachi. We worked our asses of do that! That money keeps us going, helps us live! Without it we can't pay rent buy food, we can't survive!" He yelled.
"No problem. You don't have to give it up. But you'll never see your pretty blonde ever again." Jughead closed his eyes, his hand clenching into a fist. "Fine." He finally said. "Excellent. Tomorrow's at the river. Midnight. Come alone. You bring the money, and she doesn't get hurt." He says and hung up the phone.

Jughead threw his phone on the table and let out a frustrated sigh. "Damn it." He muttered.

That next night, at midnight, Jughead went. And waited for Malachi.

Jughead let out a shaky sigh. "I have your money. Where is Betty?" he asks him angrily. Malachi, stepping out of the car walked over with a gun pointed to Betty's head.

"Shit, Betts" Jughead whispers, his face saddening seeing her in fear. "I have you're money you asshole, let her go." he growled. Malachi smirked and threw Betty on the ground, grabbing the bag full of money and drove off quickly.

Betty whimpered quietly hugging only Jughead. "Hey your safe." he whispered softly hugging her against him. "The money." Betty whispered. "Why did you give it to him? That's all you guys have!" she whispered. "No" he sighs shakingly "Get in the car. I have to get us to the safe house with the rest of the serpents before he finds out the truth." he whispered
"What?" She whispered, confused looking up at him.
He sighs and kept his eyes on the road. "I didn't give him the money Betty. The bag was empty, we need to hide before he notices." Betty looked up in fear. "Jughead, he's gonna come back!" she yelled. "Betty calm down." he sighs "Even if I did give him the money, he would come back anyway. I know him, he always does. That's why we're leaving." he whispered "I'll keep you safe, I promise. Your gonna be fine."
She hesitated for a second before nodding. "Get some rest." he said kissing her head gently. She closed her eyes and fell asleep almost immediately.

A/N
hi !! so it's been like a year .. i apologize for that but i'm back !! also i changed my user name :) be sure to vote and leave your thoughts !! thanks for reading <3