Chapter Four

The next day Betty woke up early and decided to go for a walk and be alone for a while. She got dressed and headed out. She walked down the street right to the line between the north and south side. She stared at the north side and sighed. Then she turned around and looked at the south side and thought to herself "This is my home now." She walked back.
Jughead was leaning against the bar, looking at Betty. Sweet Pea was next to him with his arms crossed. "What's wrong?" Betty said. "I don't believe you, Betty." "What, what do you mean?" Jughead pulled things from behind him. "Notes about what we've been doing. You've been writing it all down. Your an undercover cop." Jughead says. "I told you she was a fake." Sweet Pea says. Jughead looks devastated. "Juggie-" "Oh god stop calling him that!" Sweet Pea says to Betty.
"Jughead I didn't do it. And I'm not a cop. I swear. You gotta believe me." "I want to believe you Betty. But Sweet Pea found this in your room." "Wait a second. Sweet Pea why were you in there? Did you plant these notes in my room?" Betty asks. "Don't be ridiculous." Sweet Pea says. "You did, didn't you, Sweet Pea?" Jughead says. "Well I had to get her out of here somehow-" "So you did do it. Your out. Go." Jughead says.

Later, Betty is sitting on the step outside. Jughead comes out and sits next to her. "I'm sorry I was quick to judge. I should've known it was Sweet Pea."
"Don't be sorry, Juggie. It's not your fault. I just hope you know I would never do that." "I know, Betts." Betty smiles and Jughead. Jughead kisses Betty. Betty smiles. "That's the second time you did that." "Are you complaining?" "No." Betty says smiling. "Oh my gosh! School I forgot, spring breaks over on Monday. Shoot." Betty sighs and puts her hand on her head.
"You could go to Southside High with me."
Betty shakes her head. "I can't. I need to go to Riverdale High. It's to late into the year." Betty says.
Jughead nods. "I understand." "Hey, the day I saw you on the curb, after, you know, you told me it was a long story on why you got kicked out. Do you want to talk about it?" Jughead says. "Not really. I, it's hard to talk about. My own mother doesn't want me. I'd rather not tell you. I'm sorry." She says. "Betty, you don't have to apologize. I understand. My mother, well she left me." Betty looks at Jughead. "I'm sorry, Jug. You don't deserve that." "And you don't deserve what your going through either."
Betty nods. "Are you hungry? Do you want to go to Pops?" Jughead asks. Betty smiles and nods.

Betty and Jughead laughed, talked, and ate. They were having a great time. Betty looked up and saw Archie Andrews. "Betty! Where have you been?" Archie approached them. Betty stuttered. "I- uh-"
"Well can you speak? I was worried about you!" Archie says. He looks at Jughead. "Is he a serpent?"
"You seriously can't tell by by jacket?" Jughead chuckles. "Yes Archie, he is. Now leave us alone."
"Not until you explain what's going on. You disappeared from your house. And now I see you at Pops with this serpent scum?" Jughead glares at Archie. "Don't call him that, Archie. And I don't have to explain anything to you." "You're my best friend, and you just expect me to not care why you've been gone?" Betty slams her hands in the table. "You know what Archie? You wanna know why I've been gone? Because my mother kicked me out. And you know why she kicked me out?" Betty stops herself.
She looks down sadly and sighs. "Nev-never mind."
Betty walks out from pops, leaving Archie and Jughead there. Archie turns to Jughead. "Did you kidnap her?" Archie asks. Jughead looks at him weirdly. "Yeah I totally did." Jughead says chuckling.
Archie looks at him angrily. "Chill, red. I didn't." Jughead says. "Then what's wrong with Betty? She wouldn't just leave her house." Jughead shrugs. "I don't know her well. I saw her crying on the curb. So I let her stay at the Whyte Whyrm for a little.. she's been there for weeks. I don't know what to do."
"She's been living AT A BAR? What's the matter with you?" "Dude, there's a back bedroom. That's where she's been living." "In the back of a bar?"
Jughead scoffs. "I don't see you doing anything to help her." "That's because I didn't know where she was! Listen, Betty is MY BEST FRIEND! So I'll be taking her to live with me." "You can't just take her. It's her choice of who she wants to go with."
Archie rolls his eyes. "I'm going to talk to her."
Archie walks out. Betty is sitting on a bench outside of pops. Archie sits next to her. "Your coming home with me." Betty looks at him. "No." She mumbles.
"Yes Betty. You know it's better than staying in a bedroom at a bar. On the Southside!"
Betty shakes her head. "Archie.. I don't wanna go."
"Why?" Jughead walks outside at this point and interrupts their conversation. "Betts, you ready?" Jughead says to Betty. Betty nods and stands up.
Archie stands up angrily. "You seriously think you can just walk away with Betty!" "Archie please don't make a big deal. I'm going through a lot right now and Jughead has been there for me. And he's done so much for me." "YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW THE GUY WELL." "Whatever. I'll see you later, Archie."
And Betty got in the car, Jughead followed.
Betty sighed and looked down sadly. Jughead held her hand. "It'll be ok." He whispered. And suddenly Betty actually started to feel like it would be ok.

A/N:
Hope you all are enjoying!
My instagram is @itsbettsandjug