Finley Craig: Summer Camp

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I'm happy I met you. It's a lot nicer than I thought it was here," I say. She smiles.

"It's campfire night, I'm super excited," she says with the biggest smile I've ever seen on a kid.

"Have you never seen a campfire?" I ask legitimately confused.

"Obviously I've seen one in movies," she giggles. "Never in person though."

I nod my head slowly in understanding. The camp counsellor comes out of the kitchen and yells "ALRIGHT! EVERYONE GO CLEAN UP YOUR BUNK SPACES!"

Y/n and I get up and run to the cabins. We giggle while climbing over playsets on the way. I run into the boy's cabin and fluff the pillows. We did this every bunk clean up every day. We'd race each other to get out to the playing field first.

I finished and ran out quickly looking in her cabin and seeing she was gone. "Damn it," I mumble under my breath and begin walking to the field. Tommy, from my cabin, catches up to me.

"Finley!" I hear his squeaky voice. I turn and wait for him so he can walk with me.

"Hey," I say to him.

"Do you like, like Y/n?" He asks.

My eyes widen and I shake my head quickly, nervous laughs erupting from me. Nervous laughs? "No! No, I do not!" He smiles at me anxiousness.

"YES, YOU DO!" He yells loud enough for the whole country to hear. I slap my hand over his mouth.

"Shush," I say. "Maybe a little bit but... Don't yell that meany," I whisper.

He runs off towards the field and I look towards the cabins to see Y/n running at top speed towards the field. "AAH!" She screams as she runs.

My eyes nearly popped out of my face, I just mumble a "what the?" before I really take in that she had just got out of the cabin and she was charging towards the field. "HOLY BIBLE RABBIT DINO TURDS!" I yell as I begin running towards the field.

I hear her screams get louder signifying her coming closer behind me. 

"aaaaaAaAaAAAHHHHHHH!" I hear. I run as fast as I can as I begin to scream.

"COUNCILLOR SUNNY!" I yell as I run as fast as possible. He looks over and I turn around to see a pretty girl in a dress right on my tail which caused me to fall. "OH MOLASSES!" I yell just before hitting the field.

"You won!" Y/n says happily. I looked up at her in shock as to how she can act like she didn't just attempt to Texas Chainsaw Massacre my ass. Chased me through the dark and tried to kill me. Did she have a chainsaw? NO! Can I still call it a Texas chainsaw massacre situation? YES!

Y/n and I sat at the huge bonfire happening as Councillor Matt Raub decided to tell spooky stories. Y/n and I hadn't been paying attention to them, we just sat there whispering jokes to one another about how bad the hashbrowns were that Councillor Joe Bereta had made.

I turned to her and my smile vanished into a small frown as I realized I'd never see her again after this week. "Wow..." I whispered out loud on accident.

"What?" she asks.

"Um... I-I... I like you," I say.

She looked at me confused. "I like you too, you're um... You're nice to me?"

"Like, like," I quickly state.

She blushed hard and said "Really?"

I felt so stupid. I had just dropped that like it was nothing. "Y-Yeah, I think so," I say even more stupidly.

She giggles and hugs me. "I like, like you too, Finley," she says.

I chuckle and say "Thanks," which caused her to giggle some more. I hugged her back and we stayed like that for the rest of the campfire.