Chapter 5: Family

Point of View: EJ

   It's kind of amazing how fast we settled into family life after the girls were born. It was just like this was how it was meant to be. Even though I'm not human, I feel like my life is a sitcom, or some kind of Hallmark movie. I'm happily married, and I have two beautiful newborn daughters. Life doesn't get much better than this, right? Sarah is a natural mother. It's so weird that a vampire who is built to kill is such a nurturing, loving mother. I feel so lucky.
     It's so funny how Rose and Renee could've been adopted by any normal, human parents, but they were adopted my us. We're anything but normal. They will get to grow up with one set of their grandparents, my parents, who are a vampire/human hybrid, and their great grandparents, who are vampires. And plus, they'll stay young forever. Hard to imagine a great grandmother or grandfather who are still teenagers.
     We've kind of planned our future with the girls already. Sarah and I decided to homeschool them. They will have less social interactions, yes, but how could they fit in at school with a life like theirs will be? My mom was kind of homeschooled, in a way. She was a full grown adult seven years after her birth, and she was just born very intelligent.
    We will probably change them when they are grown adults who can fully understand their decision. They will both have to keep the secret. That's the hardest part about what we're doing. We're just scared to death (no pun intended) of the Volturi. But I think it's worth it. I feel bad about putting these innocent children in danger just for mine and Sarah's happiness, and then forcing them to either become a blood-thirsty vampire or leave us and face trauma and living in danger for being in on the secret without actually being a vampire. But then I think of all the love they will get. They will get so much love from my wife and I, their grandparents, their great grandparents, their great great grandparents, and their great aunts and uncles.

Hi guys! I'm sorry I haven't updated in so long, but I just want to say thank you so much for reading this! I never thought that anyone would read this book. I think I'm gonna try to update more- at least once a week. It makes me so happy to think about you guys reading this! Please comment and just say anything. I'm sorry the chapters are so short. Whose point of view would you like to hear from next?