Eight

POV Ella.

We stood there dancing for a while longer keeping Cassie in our sights. I look over and start laughing at Liam's dancing.
"Hey" he says grabbing my hand and spinning me so my backs against his body.
"What" I giggle.
"No teasing" he whispers into my ear. I pause for a second enjoying the comforting security of having his body pressed against my back.
"Finnnnne" I groan. as I spin around to face him. The music gets slower and couples form around the room.
"You should probably go talk to her now. She seemed to like you" Liam says looking over at Cassie.
"Well I can't right now." I respond also looking over
"Why?" He asks
"Bro she's dancing with a some guy that's probably her boyfriend. I don't want to intrude"
"Fine" he mumbles. Suddenly Liam's arms wrap around my waist.
"What are you doing" I ask.
"Trying to blend in" he says with a smile. I grin as I loop my arms around his neck bringing our bodies closer. He must have found a shower at the mall because he smells amazing. A mixture of the slow music, Liam's smell, and the warmth I feel from his body makes me grow tired. I lean my head on his shoulder and close my eyes. His arms adjust to hold me closer and his head drops slightly so it's against mine. I feel my body actual relax for the first time in a while.
The music picks up again and I unhook myself from Liam's body. I look over and see Cassie heading towards the bathroom.
"I'll be back" I say as I nod to The departing Cassie.
I walk into the bathroom and start washing my hands waiting for Cassie to come out. As I shut off the sink she comes out.
"Hey" she says with a smile.
"Hey" I smile back.
"You abandoned that boy already."
"No, no I just needed a break it was getting hit in there."
"Good because the way he looks at you he might jump off a bridge if you left him"
"Whatever" I laugh. Pushing those thoughts to the side I notice Cassie walking towards the door.
"Wait" I half yell
"Yeah" she says Turing looking perplexed. I focus my eyes on her. Her gaze goes blank knowing that my eyes are no longer brown I whisper
"Give me the map" she reaches her hand down the top of her dress and withdraws a folded old piece of paper. Ignoring the fact that she had it on her. I pull it out of her grasp and reach up under the several layers of dress to tuck it into my spandex. I stand back up right and look over to see Cassie still looking at me with a blank stare. As I walk out of the bathroom I grab her hand and with a painful twinge in my heart I take all of her memories of me from her.