"It's for your own safety," said my Father.

"What about your safety?" I asked.

"Don't worry about us. We'll be okay. We've survived worse threats," said my Mother. Her and my Father exchanged a knowing look.

"When do I have to leave?" I asked them, tears gathering in my eyes.

"As soon as the nurses say you're okay to fly."

"Fly?"

"Honey, you're going to The United States. Massachusetts, to be exact. And it's a bit...farther north than you're used to, but I'm sure you'll adjust just fine. You're a strong, intelligent girl. You can get through this."

"What can I take with me?" I asked.

"Well, clothes are a no go, considering you only have nice dresses. It could give away your location. You can bring the necessities though. And I'll have the maid go shopping with her teenaged daughter to pick you out a couple of normal outfits," my Mother explained.

She began talking more and more about the plans for everything, and I soon began to tune her out. I still didn't believe that this was actually happening. It didn't seem real. I didn't want to leave our castle, our kingdom. I was supposed to become Queen in a little over a year from now.

Suddenly, a nurse walked over, politely interrupting my Mother.

"Your majesties, it appears that as long as the Princess ices her shoulder, wears a sling, and takes her pain medication as prescribed, she should be able to leave as early as tomorrow morning."

"She won't be able to wear a sling. It'll make it way too obvious," stated my father, "we don't want the terrorists finding her."

"Oh, honey, speaking of which, we have to dye your hair. Oh! And we have to figure out how to get you those color contacts. It's just a precaution, of course."

I nodded, somewhat sad that I would no longer be able to have my light brown hair and blue eyes. I wasn't quite sure what color they were thinking of for both my hair and eyes, but I knew that I wouldn't look like me anymore.

"We can increase the dosage of her pain medication, but I'm afraid there's not much else we can do in place of a sling. It might be a bit uncomfortable without one," explained the nurse. I nodded, giving her a small smile.

The castle staff had always done so much, so I always tried to be kind to them when I could. The nurses in here probably worked really hard to save my life, and I would owe them for that for the rest of my life.

"You should get some sleep, Princess. It will help you heal," said the nurse as she returned my smile,

"She's right. We'll be in our chambers. Let the nurse know if you need us. Oh, and tomorrow we'll prepare you for your flight! Goodnight honey!"

"Goodnight Mom and Dad," I said, sporting half a smile.

"Goodnight sweetheart," said My Father.

They left the room, leaving me alone in my thoughts. I turned over, laying on my good shoulder. The lights turned off above me, and I made a mental note to thank her later.

As I began to drift off, I thought about this new life I would have to lead. I had always been a spoiled Princess, so living a normal life would probably be tough to get used to. Though, maybe this would be a good thing.

Living away from my kingdom could help my confidence, and maybe then I could be as good of a Queen as my Mom one day. All I wanted was to make them proud, and to make my kingdom proud.