Kiyan

A vampire hunter...

How did I mess up this bad?

How could I let my guard down?

I laughed, trying to hide the fear in me.

"Don't be so scared." He consoled me. But that is so not going to work. And most probably, it's not consoling.

"I won't hurt you." He added.

My eyelids started to become heavy. And I'm... Sleepy?

"What did you do..." I asked a senseless question before I fall into sleep.

I woke up with a head-splitting headache. I clutched my hair in pain.

I waited for the pain to subside.

I gritted my teeth as I remembered what had happened.

"Where is that boy?!" I shouted in demonic voice. Bloodlust probably emanating from this house like a beacon.

"Hey. Hey. Hey." He gleefully muttered as he entered the room with a cup of tea.

Out of anger, I immediately rush towards the guy and pinned him to the wall with my hand tightly grasping his neck. Though he maintained his expression like nothing happened.

"I'll kill you." I hissed.

"Oho?" He laughed mockingly.

Then he looked away and laughed continuesly but softly.

"LOOK AT ME!!" I shouted in demonic voice.

"I won't hesitate in killing--"

"Shut up!"
He commanded.

"Look what you did to my tea." He commanded softly, rising the cracked cup with tea still dripping slowly from it.

"I don't care about that little--"
I hissed slowly at him, eyeing him.

I saw him clasp the cup of tea and shatter it with his grip.

"Oh." He has that kind of expression where he has a little annoying smile while blankly staring at nowhere.

"You don't care?" He asked at an unusually calm voice.

He gripped my wrist tightly, his nails burrowing through my skin like it was cheese.

"You are in my household so you follow my rules. You wives should follow us husbands."

He calmly stated, though I can see in his eyes that he is in a state of rage.

My wrist holding his neck started burning. It's a self-destruct mechanism to fend myself off constant pain, poison, and diseases. The burned part regrows back anyways but it can get painful.

He then released his grip on your burning wrist. Then he started picking up the fallen shards of his cup.

"And this tea was for you too." He whispered just loud enough for me to hear.

Wait...
Wait.
What?!

Wife?!

I had remembered what he said a little while ago.

"A wife." I was a bit happy but then I remembered he was a vampire hunter.

"Hey." He called out.

I looked at him with annoyance.

"I want to know the name of my wife."
he commanded, looking at me with a little smile like nothing had happened.

"Tch."

I brushed it off.

"You won't tell me huh?" he stood up.

"Well, anyways. I'm Kiyan."

I didn't care. I simply stormed off out the doorway and tried to find a way out.

Finally, I found one. I walked faster towards the door, looking around if that guy's here to stop me.

I felt a surge of relief when I didn't see him. But then I crashed on something, something blocking the way out. I caressed my forehead out of pain, then I mouthed 'Ow'.

I tried to find ways out but all of them were blocked. Windows, doors, they're blocked. Even the walls are fortified.

I'm trapped.

I looked around and saw him sitting on a intricately made chair, arms and legs crossed and has an annoying smirk on his face.

"Don't worry, we share the same problem. 'Cause I'm trapped too." He said with a cheerful tone.

I looked at him with irritation.

"What? Why?!" I asked.

"We didn't get trapped. I trapped us." he stated.

"Let me out!" I commanded.

"Oh? And who said you can command people?" He asked.

"Who said you have authority over me?!" I shouted.

"Don't make me use it." he threatened me, sighing afterwards.

"Then use it!" I won't lose to that guy in any battle.

"Fine." he then said and stood up. He walked towards me, making me ready for a fight.

He then cupped my chin and lifted my face for him to see it clearly. But I also saw his face clearly. And his eyes has a red hue.

"You will follow me." he said in a monotonal but commanding tone.

I was being hypnotized!

But how?! I am immune to it. Just who is this guy?!

"Now." He said as he turned around to go back to his seat. He sat and made himself comfortable. Then he continued.

"Tell me your name."

I let off some struggling noises but was unable to stop the impulse to answer.

"Lexia."