•prolouge•

"You're a dumbass," Amari poked fun at the dreaded headed boy as he struggled to build the new bed frame they bought together. With all his might he kept pushing down at the headboard, which wouldn't stay.

He looked over at her. She began to approach her but held his hand up. "I got this, baby. It's just.. you know how IKEA is,"

"We didn't buy that from IKEA."

There was an awkward moment of silence before Zion sucked his teeth. He let go of the headboard, causing to slam down onto the floor, which made Mari tense up because those neighbors downstairs are rude. He shrugged. "Then you do it. It doesn't like me."

She walks over, shoving past him and snaps the headboard onto the bed frame with ease. Zion nearly turns red as he'd witness that in fact, he just got played.

"Bullshit."

"It's okay." She stands up, patting him on the back, stifling a laugh. Oh, how she loved to be right.

It's been eight months for them two and it's never been more interesting. Everyday it's been something new for them, and they've enjoyed every agitating, stressful, and exhausting part about it. They clash a lot, but it almost always ends with them in bed together.

Speaking of, the two are now office sharing the same bed. They sold Amari's bed and bought a new mattress and bed frame for now what is going to be their room. Ever since that one night Amari slept in his bed she never went and slept in hers after that.

There was an eager knock on the door.

The two only looked at each other, blinking once. Neither of them had any idea who would be coming over to their house at this time of night. It's about 2 am— the last thing anyone expects is a hard knock. Maybe the police.

"I'll get it." Amari suggests, brushing past Z.

Her slides flopped on the floor as she made her way over to the front door, peaking into the peep hole. She rolled her eyes and sighed. Swinging open the door,  Austin smiled at her and she just gave him a confused look.

He just looked at her for a moment. "Do you have a minute?"

"What?"

"Do you.. have a minute?" He repeats, a bit lost as to why he would need to say that again.

She poked her head past the doorframe into the hall of the apartment complex. "The fuck? Austin, it's 2 am. What do you think?" She questioned.

There was prolonged pause before he pushed passed her and made himself comfortable on stool that was placed by the counter. He rested his hand on his chin and looked at her in awe.

Her eyes widen. "Zion come get your friend he might be high!" She yelled.

He began to shush her. "No! No! There's this girl I like and I need some advice."

Suddenly Zion slides in with bags of chips stored in his room, looked at Austin with remorse. "Do you have the munchies this time?"

"Y'all are stupid as fuck. I just need help with this girl, who's at my place right now— and I need to know how to keep her there."

This was normal for Porter to come strolling in on unGodly hours of the night asking questions. Somehow, he knew the two were always up. Truly, the only reason he opted for these two because they're in a successful relationship. Edwin and Nick aren't exactly the best for things like this.

Zion places the bags of chips on the counter and sigh. He walks over to him and puts his hand on his shoulder. "Is this the same girl, from last week?"

"Yes," He replied, quickly. "I'm not like how you used to be."

He squeezed his shoulder briefly, but enough to catch a sound out. "Sorry, ouch."

"You got her already man. Just keep doing what you do,"Amari barges in.

Zion nods in agreement. "Yea. Now go home, we got business to deal with."

His expression falls flat, looking back and forth at the two. "Oh god, your poor neighbor—"

"If we listen to him cry, he can deal with her moaning." He points at her, a sly smirk on his face.

"Not what we were talking about though." She nudges him lightly in his side.

"Um, he still cries?"

Amari's eyes nearly rolled to the back of her skull. "Yes. The walls are thin—"

"We have business to deal with, Austin." Zion interrupted.

"Leaving. Definitely, leaving." He says, backing up and walking out the door with no hesitation. He refused to experience anything of that nature.

"Do we have business to deal with?" Mari asked innocently, pulling on the waist band of his sweatpants.

"We do now," He picked her up and carried her into their bedroom, leaving that bed frame for another day to fix, as the one they've been using was surely and quickly wearing down on them.

A lot of other things were beginning to wear down as well.

~*~*~*

caring isn't for everyone | z.k •PRETTYMUCH AU•जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें